*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Anyone having freckling sound through their quest when attached using Oculus Link?

It’s fine when I’m standalone mode but as soon as the link cable is connected I get crackling all the time? I’m using the Oculus App version 25 as I’m subscribed to the public beta for MSFS to work. It updated this morning and I’m think it’s to do with that as it was fine prior. Any way to roll back versions of the software?

Thanks!

Soldato
Anyone having freckling sound through their quest when attached using Oculus Link?

It’s fine when I’m standalone mode but as soon as the link cable is connected I get crackling all the time? I’m using the Oculus App version 25 as I’m subscribed to the public beta for MSFS to work. It updated this morning and I’m think it’s to do with that as it was fine prior. Any way to roll back versions of the software?

Thanks!

You nay have to do a factory reset to get the software back to pre public beta software. But then you need the beta channel for MSFS.

Soldato
The VRcovers look like theyre out of stock if this is the one you are referring to? https://eu.vrcover.com/products/facial-interface-foam-replacement-basic-set-for-oculus™-quest-2

I just saw the MVH one, looks a bit busy no?

yeah that's the VR cover. It's very comfortable!!

LOL, it does look busy, looks like somebody went crazy with a meccano set :) But, it's the ultimate in adjustability. If you can't get any head strap to fit you, this one will and it has all you need to attach a battery. If they were in stock I would have bought one in a heartbeat. I have been in queue position #55 from the start of November!! So, I gave in and bought an Elite Head strap to wear while I am waiting, and maybe the MVH guy will get this moving again soon.

Soldato
It does look quite busy for me busy for me but definitely cheaper price wise!
I think ill be good with the elite battery strap, looks nice, neat and well integrated, and the battery balances things a little. Hope its not too heavy!

It's highly adjustable and very comfortable when setup properly, I've added the vertical strap from the standard strap, to give even more options, and also help the battery pack offset the headset. Works really well. Though last time there was a queue for them, I don't know if that's sorted out now?

Soldato
I'm not sure MVH have restocked since the first batch sold out. Not seen anyone anywhere mention receiving one outside of the initial batch.

Soldato
Received my Quest 2 yesterday and played a few hours on it already. So good!
Have played some Beat Saber, Gun Club and Space Pirate Trainer so far.

Beat Saber: Going to stick with hard/hard with faster modifier, as the jump to expert is just insane!
Gun Club is pretty fun, cool gun mechanics. I like the zombie mode.
Space Pirate Trainer: This was instantly the most fun out of the 3 for me, which I wasn't expecting!

Initiallly the headstrap was pretty comfortable, and better/more secure than the original Quest strap (for what I remember from a couple of years ago), but after half an hour I could start to feel the weight on my face.
After 1.5 hours, I had to call it a night as there was too much pressure. I can see why people upgrade the strap. My GOMRVR strap is still in transit, hopefully not long.

I did just attach my 15000mAh battery bank to the back with velcro and that seems to balance it better. I wasn't sure if I needed to get a new one with PD as mine outputs 2.0A, but seems to charge faster than it depletes so all good there.
I'll play for an hour today and see if that solves the face pressure issue.

Sound wise, it's not too bad. I did try my DT770s and even though it's light, the weight of it still distracted me. So I tried my brother's Shure IEMs and though it's even less distracting than the headphones, I can still feel it, so I actually prefer the onboard speakers, even though it's not as good.

I might pick up Eleven Table Tennis for something a bit different.

Soldato
Is there something which says which ones are more difficult than others? I'll give that a go.
Oh, actually I did just about pass Commercial Pumping on expert with rank C!

Edit: Just tested the IPD setting, I think I'm right inbetween 63 and 68 as there's very little between the two settings. Can't tell which one is better.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you guys measure IPD exactly? Is there a free app?

Your opticians/optometrist will be the most accurate, but they usually don't test it if not asked (I must remember to ask for mine next time I go for an eye test).
Otherwise, a ruler and mirror I've done in the past, but just can't remember now, and although relatively accurate, it's not exactly precise.
Can't comment on the app side of things.

Soldato
With a ruler, close one eye, line up the ruler with the centre of the pupil in the mirror, staring straight at it. Then close that eye, and use the other to see what the measurement is to the centre of that pupil.

There's free apps that use magnetic strip cards (I was careful not to use a bank card etc) to estimate. Got a 2mm difference between the two.

Associate
Your opticians/optometrist will be the most accurate, but they usually don't test it if not asked (I must remember to ask for mine next time I go for an eye test).
Otherwise, a ruler and mirror I've done in the past, but just can't remember now, and although relatively accurate, it's not exactly precise.
Can't comment on the app side of things.
There is an app on apple App Store called eye measure or something very similar. Measures ipd pretty accurately and it’s free.

Soldato
Thansk folks. I measured it by ruler, it came to around 65-66.
Just used an App call GlassesOn and measured it around 64.5-65.
Not bad measurement!
So I guess this means I should set my iPD between setting 2 and 3 on the Q2?

Associate
Just upgraded my router from a Netgear Nighthawk dual band router to an TP-Link Archer VR2100. The difference it’s made to virtual desktop s unbelievable. Iv gone from desktop latency of 25-27 to 19-20 and the bit rate now sits at a constant 85 even at 90hz setting. VD is now my go to over link cable.

Back
Top Bottom