Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
I've been running a budget Chinese smart watch for 6 months and have loved it, but have a £100 Amazon voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm wondering if a 'Samsung Galaxy Watch Bluetooth 46mm' at £221 would be a good idea for someone that owns a Samsung phone and wants a watch to do a variety of things, including general calls and notifications, fitness, and GPS tracking?

Thanks.

Do you know which model it is?

Soldato
Just to follow up from my post, I snagged a Huawei GT2 for £119.

Been using it since I originally posted as found a deal later that day, loving it.

The fitness aspect is what I wanted and the watch itself feels nice to use and looks nice with a lovely screen.

I opted for the one with what they call sunset orange strap
Enjoy the amazing battery life!
I'm still using my original Watch GT and struggle to find something I really want to replace it with

Soldato
Looks good. Can you use it to pay for things?

Edit: apparently not. I've just ordered it anyway. Not a great hardship to use my phone instead, especially for £119 from Amazon.
Sorry for late reply, but you have the answer now anyway ha.

Am sure you will still love it though its great

Caporegime
I'm really, really impressed by my Huawei GT2 so far. Bargain next to £350 Samsungs and the like imo.

My two minor 'gripes' (both of which I knew before purchase) are that you can't pay with it via NFC, and secondly that there's no skipping rope activity (yet there are all kinds of random martial arts!).

To get one that works with Google Pay (I'm with NatWest who don't support Samsung Pay) meant looking at TicWatch, which are more expensive and whose battery life is inferior to the GT2.

There are loads of watch faces to choose from in the Huawei Health app. I've settled on 'Steel' at the moment.

dTxMJKkh.jpg

Soldato
I'm really, really impressed by my Huawei GT2 so far. Bargain next to £350 Samsungs and the like imo.

My two minor 'gripes' (both of which I knew before purchase) are that you can't pay with it via NFC, and secondly that there's no skipping rope activity (yet there are all kinds of random martial arts!).

To get one that works with Google Pay (I'm with NatWest who don't support Samsung Pay) meant looking at TicWatch, which are more expensive and whose battery life is inferior to the GT2.

There are loads of watch faces to choose from in the Huawei Health app. I've settled on 'Steel' at the moment.

dTxMJKkh.jpg

That looks really nice.

How many times will Fossil use the same old smart watch?

The Citizen CZ Smart is out with a £300 price tag.
But it's really just an old Fossil watch.

Think I will wait for the SD 4100+ watches to come out.

Associate
Anyone tried the Withings range? Looking at Hybrid watches as not sure I want my wrist pinging with loads of alerts. Just looking something that's smart looking, tracks my walks and jogs and general fitness. Changing things like Spotify or what's playing would be handy. Hate taking the phone out all the time.

Soldato
Anyone got the latest Ticwatch Pro 3? I'm looking at a wearOS based watch but don't want to splash on a 3100 based chip given the 4100/+ has been released... Only the latest ticwatch is using it (4100 version, but not the plus) and wondered if anyone had any usage thoughts? I looked at the Oppo 46mm and it was nice to use but its older cpu puts me off... I ahven't seen any release information for other 4100+ based watches yet so I'm kinda stuck!

Soldato
Anyone got the latest Ticwatch Pro 3? I'm looking at a wearOS based watch but don't want to splash on a 3100 based chip given the 4100/+ has been released... Only the latest ticwatch is using it (4100 version, but not the plus) and wondered if anyone had any usage thoughts? I looked at the Oppo 46mm and it was nice to use but its older cpu puts me off... I ahven't seen any release information for other 4100+ based watches yet so I'm kinda stuck!

Someone on here bought one.

Ticwatch pro 3 has good and not so good reviews.
I was hoping that Google or OnePlus would have bought a watch out by now.

Soldato
Someone on here bought one.

Ticwatch pro 3 has good and not so good reviews.
I was hoping that Google or OnePlus would have bought a watch out by now.

That's my fear is that the reviews say the watch is good but then feedback from owners suggests inconsistency. I like round faces, so a new Fossil might be nice but then the Oppo 46mm watch was also nice in terms of size and fitting... I just want to see a pipe line of new 4100+ based watches so I can get an idea if I should wait or not!

Soldato
That's my fear is that the reviews say the watch is good but then feedback from owners suggests inconsistency. I like round faces, so a new Fossil might be nice but then the Oppo 46mm watch was also nice in terms of size and fitting... I just want to see a pipe line of new 4100+ based watches so I can get an idea if I should wait or not!

Agree the OPPO one is nice. I like the 46mm Wi-Fi version.
But fossil use the same watch internals and just change the case.

The 4100+ has always on display and a few more sensors.
I don't think we will see it out this year.

Soldato
See that's my issue, the reviews paint the watch in a good light but then you hear stories of issues coming up!

I'll pass on this watch.
To many reported problems with the Battery\NFC and updates.

For the price I want wireless charging, rotating bezel at least.

Looks like sticking with my old LG watch sport for another year :(

Soldato
I figured I would take a punt and ordered it. I haven't had a smart watch before so not used to anything... will see how it goes, if not i'll wait until the next lot of 4100+ watches come out and upgrade...or more likely just stick with it.

Soldato
The BIG problem with the Ticwatch Pro3 seems to be waterproofing. Even though it's rated to IP68 Mobvoi are claiming it's not shower proof !

mobvoi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom