I can't remember this 90's TV show, can you?

Commissario
The end of the intro sequence features a woman with an americana 50's look (big hair, neckerchief, flowery dress, possibly wearing an apron, red lipstick, bug-eye shades with red-frames?), with one hand on her hip and the other maybe holding a spatula possibly doing a BBQ?

I can picture this.

But I’ve got no idea what the show is.

Soldato
OP
Gentle Ben. That was in the Everglades.

Bit old.

Angel
G v E
So Weird
Dark Shadows
Buffy
Freak and Geeks

Some good suggestions but no dice. Think I may have put emphasis on paranormal a bit too much. There might not have been any.

I think I got it. It's starts with K and has two words.

Originally I thought it might be called Kissimmee something or other. Maybe pushing the Florida reference too much again.

Soldato
Bit old.

Some good suggestions but no dice. Think I may have put emphasis on paranormal a bit too much. There might not have been any.

Originally I thought it might be called Kissimmee something or other. Maybe pushing the Florida reference too much again.

Key West is what I thought.

Soldato
Dark Skies?

No idea what the opening credits were as I can't find it on YT, but it was about an alien invasion and set in the 60s. I watched it all at the time, but cannot remember where it was set.

Soldato
Just read this thread start to finish, and nearly every suggestion I thought of someone else mentioned.

Dying to know what this is, or if OP is just misremembering a few different things. Pretty sure there were some music videos around that time with similar images of quirky 50s American / tales from the crypt sort of vibe.

Soldato
Oh my god a huge smile erupted on my face as I watched this, all the elements were appearing and then boom at the end OP is not mad after all!

I used Wikipedia to see a list of shows that were set in Florida and just worked through looking for late 90s ones.

I actually have some recollection of this show, the electric chair at the start for sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good work @MookJong :)

That show looks as awful as it does good. I’m going to “acquire” it and give it a go lol.

Yeah I'm quite keen to watch it now, the mermaid stuff at the start had memories flooding back. I'm almost certain I watched the first one or two episodes at the time and then gave up on it.

Soldato
Oh my god a huge smile erupted on my face as I watched this, all the elements were appearing and then boom at the end OP is not mad after all!

I used Wikipedia to see a list of shows that were set in Florida and just worked through looking for late 90s ones.

I actually have some recollection of this show, the electric chair at the start for sure.
Oh, nice work!

I remember Maximum Bob being a thing, but I don't know if I ever actually watched it.

"Deepwater", OP was so close!

Back
Top Bottom