• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Ampere and LG OLED C9 issue

Soldato
yes if you want to get rid of that instant game message to pop up. Disable instant game mode but leave "ultra HDMI deep black" on and stay in game mode. Personally I live with message flickering for those few seconds and prefer G-Sync available.
When you say a few seconds do you just mean when the game is booting up? Because for me its happening in game, can drop in and out constantly for about 30 seconds, then might be fine for a few minutes then could start happening again for a few seconds or even a few minutes. Its really random when it happens.

Also, do you use PC or game console as the HDMI input on the TV? I have a C9 fwiw

Soldato
When you say a few seconds do you just mean when the game is booting up? Because for me its happening in game, can drop in and out constantly for about 30 seconds, then might be fine for a few minutes then could start happening again for a few seconds or even a few minutes. Its really random when it happens.

Also, do you use PC or game console as the HDMI input on the TV? I have a C9 fwiw

Oh, do not see that. When going into windows see notification and usually when firing up a game for first time into fullscreen. Do not see message popping up ingame, that would wind me up if it did that. Yes this is with a C9 / latest update and 3090.

Associate
AFAIK HDMI 2.0b can do 4k @ 120hz, however it would be at 4:2:0 and at 8-bit I suspect your seeing. 10-bit, 4:4:4 etc will not be selectable.

only way you will sort it is by disabling instant game mode, but that also disables VRR. Some people do that and just stay in game mode which gives all low input lag but no VRR. However while annoying, normally once in game, never an issue here.

i cant enable 10 bit rgb anyways. only 8 bit full rgb. any of the other options under 10 bit have to have limited Dynamic range.

Caporegime
OP
Oh, do not see that. When going into windows see notification and usually when firing up a game for first time into fullscreen. Do not see message popping up ingame, that would wind me up if it did that. Yes this is with a C9 / latest update and 3090.

Same here, never in game.

@LukieBoy007
I use the console symbol on HDMI 4

It's worth trying different HDMI ports because my HDMI 1 had issues.

Soldato
i cant enable 10 bit rgb anyways. only 8 bit full rgb. any of the other options under 10 bit have to have limited Dynamic range.
Yep thats because you need a RTX30 series card with HDMI2.1 for 10 bit full RGB

Yeah its in game, tried GTA yesterday and would be constantly flickering in and out. When you say latest firmware is this an OTA one or one manually installed? I've got the latest OTA update on the TV

Associate
Yep thats because you need a RTX30 series card with HDMI2.1 for 10 bit full RGB

Yeah its in game, tried GTA yesterday and would be constantly flickering in and out. When you say latest firmware is this an OTA one or one manually installed? I've got the latest OTA update on the TV
I know that but i thought 4k 120hz was not possible with HDMI 2.0

HRL

HRL

Soldato
LOL I am an idiot (I can think of worse words, do your best), just realised the cable is HDMI2.0b!!!!!!:D

What 2.1 cable you lot using?

HDMI 2.1 Cable 8K 2M 48Gbps by True HQ™ | Ultra High Speed PREMIUM Braided 8K Lead with Ethernet | 8K 60Hz 4K 120Hz UHD HDCP 2.2 eARC | Dolby Vision Dynamic HDR PS5 Xbox Series X | Zinc Alloy & Gold

Rainforest.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, it'll be mainly older games.

Doom Eternal just happens to run amazingly

Forza Horizon 4 is another that will run at pretty much extreme settings at 4k/120hz, as long as you keep the MSAA at 4x or lower.

Soldato
This issue still occurs

c9 on latest firmware and 3090 on latest drivers

Enabling Gsync at any resolution or any framerate results in raised gamma and flickering

Caporegime
OP
what cable and what settings in nvidia control panel? and do you have the tv in game console mode or PC mode?

This Cable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083TZ2Y3Y/

These settings:
F2ygH1v.jpg

I swapped out my 2080Ti for the 3090 and used the same HDMI port on the TV, which was HDMI 1 and it was set on the TV with the 'PC' symbol. This is where the issues came from (see earlier post in the thread) where I had flickering.

When I tried HDMI 4 which was set to 'Console' it worked fine with 4k/120hz/4:4:4/HDR on and G-sync enabled, with no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom