• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New GPU causes PC to stay on splash screen

Associate
I just got a new GPU but when I installed it and turned on the PC, the splash screen stays on for a while, then I hear a short beep and it's still on the splash screen, then I hear a short beep again and the screen switches to a black screen with a blinking cursor and nothing happens after that.

It says to press ESC to enter startup menu but that doesn't do anything. I've tried every button to enter BIOS but nothing works.

When I use my old GPU or the integrated graphics, the PC works completely fine.

I've seen a lot of people say "update BIOS" but I have a foxconn 2ABF which isn't a supported motherboard anymore.

Can someone help?

The specs are:
CPU - i5-2400
Motherboard - Foxconn 2ABF
RAM - 8GB DDR3
HDD - Seagate 500GB SATA
PSU - HP 300W
Old GPU - ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series
New GPU - MSI GeForce GT 710
Runs Windows 10

Associate
pretty sure there is a legacy gop for this card (710), however you will likely have to contact MSI, EVGA used to offer a legacy gop for this card that you could use, but like i say you needed to contact them.

you will also need to update the card in another pc so be prepared for that, if msi do offer this service. alternatively youd need to buy a card with legacy bios support as well as UEFU as Vincent mentioned

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom