WandaVision

Soldato
Just finished the first episode and have started then second.

Not impressed at all. I love a good slow burn tv show but this is... well I don't know what this is yet

Soldato
Okay it's a very slow burn but Im intrigued.

the advert for the hydra watch, the stark toaster with the red light, the ironman colour helicopter?

Soldato
Well I'm really enjoying it

The last thing we need is another agents of shield spin off

It's different, and that's a good thing

Maybe these first two episodes aren't really for the gen-z generation, but I reckon if you stick with it, it will be worth it

As you can see in this thread, Disney made a huge mistake not releasing the entire season in one go. People will get bored and give up

Last edited:
Soldato
I laughed hard in that second episode, Bethany and Olsen really shine with the comic timing. I enjoyed it, it’s particularly nice to have something different. The move onwards in era was subtle between the first two episodes but it’s plain that the sit com style will progress on from 50s 60s etc. We’ll get something more conventional that pulls it altogether later in the series.

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
If this was just a setup, that's not how you do setup.

If this was the show, that's not how you do a marvel show.

Big budget, big names, big studio, and we get an hour in two painful episodes of forced pastiche of "I love Lucy"? Who's going to sit through that in this day and age. What a ****show.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the 2 episodes its certainly bizarre but intriguing.

so the one thing that really puzzled me was why they had a totally different house in the first episode. All the characterswere the same but they went from a bungalow to a big 2 storey house with no expansion.

almost like episode 1 was a pilot episode filmed before the rest of the series. Like sometimes happens with shows. However it's probably gonna to have something to do with the story/plot.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the 2 episodes its certainly bizarre but intriguing.

so the one thing that really puzzled me was why they had a totally different house in the first episode. All the characterswere the same but they went from a bungalow to a big 2 storey house with no expansion.

almost like episode 1 was a pilot episode filmed before the rest of the series. Like sometimes happens with shows. However it's probably gonna to have something to do with the story/plot.

Reality is changing around them, hence the change in house, style, time, etc. They are not yet aware of it, because they are part of that reality, but they know something isn't right...

Caporegime
Reality is changing around them, hence the change in house, style, time, etc. They are not yet aware of it, because they are part of that reality, but they know something isn't right...
So the suggestion I heard is Wanda is basing her reality on American Sitcoms she may have seen in Sokovia which were likely ancient, hence the Black and White and as time moves on she started seeing colour shows, hence the change to colour. Later on there's an Episode like Roseanne apparently. The houses represent a house from a Sitcom of that time, hence the changes.

Soldato
Loved it. But here's my take, did anyone actually see any children in this town? Because...

...it's all "for the children" apparently, and then there's this

Q9gThg8.png

So are we going to get a proper incarnation of the twins and 'Fenris' in the MCU? Or will that be too confusing seeing as how the Hulk has already put down one Fenris?

Oh, and did anyone else catch the S.W.O.R.D. logo?

Last edited:
Associate
I think at the end of the day, given how the Infinity Saga panned out, Marvel Studios has earned the right to tell this story in the way they want to.

I'm sure they fully expect people to jump on when the show is done and binge it in its entirety-that is the culture these days after all , but I believe they feel that given most MCU fans dedicated over 59 hours in the cinemas over 10 years, they will be happy to watch the remaining 7 episodes, every week for another 7 weeks.

Unfortunately in today's society, there is a definite case of people needing to know everything now and having a lack of patience instead of merely seeing how the story develops over time.

All I’d say to people is give it time before jumping ship this early on.

Plenty of stuff going on in the background as well to speculate about.

We enjoyed the two episodes-the second more than the first.

Bethany and Hahn were great as per usual.

As this factors in to what happens in the films going forward, we’re definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Back
Top Bottom