• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So my pc is pretty decent, I have a 5600X and power color Red Devil 5700XT with 32gig tgroup 3600mhz ram on a msi X570 tomahawk motherboard. But I've been reading up on my Xbox Series X and found out that the Gpu in the series X is better than my 8gig 5700XT! It's more closer to a 6800 with 16gb ram and rdna2. Is this true?? I game at 1440p on my pc on my LG CX and it's great experience until I can get a 3080 gpu but native res on Xbox and it's great. So what's the deal with Xbox series X gpu here?

The Series X GPU sits somewhere between the rumoured 6700 XT spec and the 6800.

But that's only a small part of the story really. The Xbox has a load of other optimisations that we can't get on PC (yet). It's going to punch well above its weight once devs get to grips with it.

Associate
I had that exact same order, placed it on 7th Jan and it arrived on 11th Jan... t-shirt is ok but the cap is nice... consoles not bad either LOL

Thanks for letting me know, that's two now where they've dispatched earlier so I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news on Monday!

Had to get a large t-shirt though so will be massive on me, have to downgrade it to bed wear lol (or maybe they'll swap it for me if I send it back?).

Don't want to risk asking for a change now in case it wrecks the order, just want my XBox lol.

Soldato
Just testing my turtle beach gen 2s and is it correct that when I power them on, it doesn’t mute the speaker channel? I have to manually mute my sound bar which surprises me?

Soldato
Just testing my turtle beach gen 2s and is it correct that when I power them on, it doesn’t mute the speaker channel? I have to manually mute my sound bar which surprises me?

Still haven't got mine, Turtle Beach taking their time!

But shouldn't it only be on when the mic is pulled down, when it's pushed back up it should mute it.

/Edit Actually didn't see you meant soundbar, I've heard a few things about having to manually mute.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Afternoon

Just wondering what steering wheels people use here looking at getting me lad one for his birthday did like the look of the Thrustmaster TMX force feedback ?

also what type of stand could you use along side it as i don't want it being put on his computer desk . Did look on wheel stand pro web site .

Any advice be great please.

Thanks

I have tried my Logitech G920 which I mainly use on PC but worked fine on Forza 7. It really depends what you want and how much room you have but I made my rig out of wood from b&q, an old car seat and covered it in parcel shelf cloth :p

Checking Reddit it seems a bit glitchy of FH4 so I guess some games are hit and miss so check wheel compatibility first although I would have thought the big games will get patched.

Associate
I have tried my Logitech G920 which I mainly use on PC but worked fine on Forza 7. It really depends what you want and how much room you have but I made my rig out of wood from b&q, an old car seat and covered it in parcel shelf cloth :p

Checking Reddit it seems a bit glitchy of FH4 so I guess some games are hit and miss so check wheel compatibility first although I would have thought the big games will get patched.

Thanks for your reply , My son already has the thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider racing wheel but it's a few years old now and bit are starting to come off it.

I did make him a table but now he has a new gaming chair and room it doesn't go down to that height so with his birthday coming up thought about buying one of those stands with maybe a new wheel.

Soldato
Managed to get a Series S when they came into stock at currys I have a beefy gaming PC, this was just for some cheap gaming on the sofa.. combined with game pass its a brill bit of kit and great value

Man of Honour
The Series X GPU sits somewhere between the rumoured 6700 XT spec and the 6800.

But that's only a small part of the story really. The Xbox has a load of other optimisations that we can't get on PC (yet). It's going to punch well above its weight once devs get to grips with it.

Also factoring in features like quick resume that a PC can't get anywhere close to achieving currently.

Man of Honour
If the PS5 was shown to be equivalent to a 1060 where are these 2080 comparisons coming from?

A 1060? The X offers above the 1080Ti in my PC. I think Digital Foundry among others suggested a 2080. Its not that straightforward though once the developers start utilising the hardware on offer.

Soldato
A 1060? The X offers above the 1080Ti in my PC. I think Digital Foundry among others suggested a 2080. Its not that straightforward though once the developers start utilising the hardware on offer.

Going by the gamers nexus video that was posted. They used a 1060 and a 1080 I think.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...ts-the-ps5-against-a-4-year-old-500-33516065/

I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter but I'm not following the narrative that there is a 2080 equivalent in either console personally. As you said though, the whole package combined makes them quite formidable but I think trying to compare with pcs as a metric is just going to end up with disappointing results. Then again, I'm still rocking a 2060 on my pc at 1440p and I can't play AC V anywhere near as well as PS5 but I apparently have the better gpu.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going by the gamers nexus video that was posted. They used a 1060 and a 1080 I think.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...ts-the-ps5-against-a-4-year-old-500-33516065/

I suppose ultimately it doesn't matter but I'm not following the narrative that there is a 2080 equivalent in either console personally. As you said though, the whole package combined makes them quite formidable but I think trying to compare with pcs as a metric is just going to end up with disappointing results. Then again, I'm still rocking a 2060 on my pc at 1440p and I can't play AC V anywhere near as well as PS5 but I apparently have the better gpu.

It will only get better for consoles too once developers manage to get the best out of them.

Currently it seems the PS5 runs a bit better than the Series X but then we have heard that developers didn't get the tools until much letter on the Series S/X so once they get to grips it'll be the same or even better considering the grunt it has.

We are only just around the 2 month mark for both consoles, plenty of time to get them operating at their best.

Man of Honour
The most important thing for me is that graphically the X is solid and has a lot more potential, the audio is better than the high end setup of my PC and the whole gaming environment is a lot more enjoyable and effortless than my PC - game pass is a fantastic if not essential addition and switching between games with quick resume is a joy. I think I've played a lot of older games more than I've played more recent games - auto HDR just adds to the experience of these. We just need more enhanced games and locked 60fps games now.

Soldato
The most important thing for me is that graphically the X is solid and has a lot more potential, the audio is better than the high end setup of my PC and the whole gaming environment is a lot more enjoyable and effortless than my PC - game pass is a fantastic if not essential addition and switching between games with quick resume is a joy. I think I've played a lot of older games more than I've played more recent games - auto HDR just adds to the experience of these. We just need more enhanced games and locked 60fps games now.

Yeah it out performs my aging 1080ti pc now, doesn't require me to tinker with settings and drivers etc. I won't need to upgrade it to keep up with games anytime soon and the overall ease of use makes it so much better for me.

Soldato
Yeah I'm all for convenience for sure. It's hard to explain but when I sit down to play console it feels totally different to sitting down to play pc. I think my brain always associates the desk environment and indeed windows etc with work so I can't get into it as easily, plus potential faffing about.

Caporegime
OP
The only piece of the puzzle missing for me is getting ALL Xbox 360 games and ALL Xbox One games without X enchancements bumped up to 4K on Xbox Series X. I can live with 30fps but the low resolutions after being used to 4K are a bit of an eyesore. I'd never need a gaming PC again.

Back
Top Bottom