• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Yes. It's excellent. And the new campaign DLC is absolutely fantastic.

I'm in a small majority in not enjoying 5 at all. I loved 4, burned through it and completed it. I started 5 over Xmas and I'm having to force myself to play it. There are several sections where I've got stuck and needed to go online to find out what I'm supposed to do next, particularly in the sections involving the 'cold gas' mechanic and the laser turrets. I felt I didn't sign up for a 'puzzle' game, I just want to carry on shooting things and blowing stuff up.

The Jack thing seems very bolted on and I found it clunky to use.

I realize this won't be a popular opinion, but for all it's good looks, I just can't be bothered to play it anymore.

Associate
Hi folks,

Posted in other thread but I think more likely to get an answer here.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - I’m aware of how to get the 3 years at a great price, and also aware that deal is ending soon.
I don’t have an Xbox, but did have a gamer tag from 360 days.

1) is it worth me getting game pass ultimate now, without having an Xbox? Can I stream all the same games on PC?
2) can I take up the deal on my old (unused for years) gamertag/account?
3) Do the game pass games disappear from the library after a certain period. I.e they’re removed from the service? I know PsNOW has games joining and leaving that particular service. Is it the same for Xbox or are the library of games there and accessible forever (licence restrictions not withstanding).

Thanks!

Associate
I can understand incremental increases in gold price but this jump is crazy. I know they want people to go to gamespass which is still a bargain. But this increase will have people thinking about what they may do in a couple of years with gamespass

Man of Honour
FF15 been removed from gamepass without much notice, it wasnt originally on the list but then got put on.

This is my biggest issue with gamepass. I would really appreciate having a month's notice, or just them being transparent and putting the expiry date alongside each game. I know I'm dreaming with that last one though.

Soldato
This is my biggest issue with gamepass. I would really appreciate having a month's notice, or just them being transparent and putting the expiry date alongside each game. I know I'm dreaming with that last one though.

Yeah, I accept games will leave, but like you said it needs more notice. I did start playing FF15, and is no way I am finishing this game in a week. I also currently dont see a massive discount on it to buy like other gamepass games have had.

Sadly though square enix are hostile to these type of services, and I expect it was probably difficult to negotiate with them, FF13 series was pulled from ps now when sony removed the rent for a day thing.

Caporegime
Played the original but not since - is 5 worth a go nextgen then?

If you haven't played the others I'd say no. Gears 4 and 5 campaigns are particularly bad and unmemorable. But they do look amazing and when you have nothing else to play on the series X and want to show it off then I guess it's worth loading up. The Campaign makes little sense to a Gears player like myself, so can't see how someone who has only played G1 will get much from it. They don't work in isolation at all.

It was short, but you could see it was an absolute labour of love. The Coalition are Microsoft's best asset right now. They work wonders with the engine.

Wow, now I play Gears every single day. I've only played Gears 5 this year and in 2020. I half agree with what you said but I'm in a minority, Gears fans in the main want TC removed from ever making another Gears game again. I'm quite active in the Gears community as I say I play every day and honestly they have destroyed the Versus, built a terrible half ****ed campaign and certainly not viewed as an asset.

So why do I half agree, the PVE dev's have built the best Gears experience yet. Horde is excellent and the hidden gem is Escape mode. Youtube a couple of escape clips, such a great co-op mode which takes high skill and team work.
New DLC is supposed to be good but I haven't bothered with it yet.

Is the online still popular ?

PVE yes, Versus no. Especially in the UK zone it's dead. No one wants to play a one gun game anymore, it's awful imho. If versus interests you, may I suggest arcade mode when you go online. You won't have to worry about Shotgun use only and has far more variety. Horde and Escape are the modes to play and find games.

Soldato
Good the new prices were steep.

I'd refrain from calling it good news until we know what the catch is.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a smaller rise (without the removal of 12m subs) later this year. And, alongside that, some sort of restriction (or reduction in value) of the Game Pass Ultimate conversion offer. I've paid £128 in total for four years of Game Pass Ultimate (so £2.67/month) through conversion offers. And I know many have paid even less than that. There's no way that's sustainable.

Associate
If you haven't played the others I'd say no. Gears 4 and 5 campaigns are particularly bad and unmemorable. But they do look amazing and when you have nothing else to play on the series X and want to show it off then I guess it's worth loading up. The Campaign makes little sense to a Gears player like myself, so can't see how someone who has only played G1 will get much from it. They don't work in isolation at all.

Wow, now I play Gears every single day. I've only played Gears 5 this year and in 2020. I half agree with what you said but I'm in a minority, Gears fans in the main want TC removed from ever making another Gears game again. I'm quite active in the Gears community as I say I play every day and honestly they have destroyed the Versus, built a terrible half ****ed campaign and certainly not viewed as an asset.

So why do I half agree, the PVE dev's have built the best Gears experience yet. Horde is excellent and the hidden gem is Escape mode. Youtube a couple of escape clips, such a great co-op mode which takes high skill and team work.
New DLC is supposed to be good but I haven't bothered with it yet.

PVE yes, Versus no. Especially in the UK zone it's dead. No one wants to play a one gun game anymore, it's awful imho. If versus interests you, may I suggest arcade mode when you go online. You won't have to worry about Shotgun use only and has far more variety. Horde and Escape are the modes to play and find games.

I used to enjoy the versus in the old gears. While it was simple, it was enjoyable for me. But if you’re saying it’s dead there is really no point in investing in the series x for now until maybe the next gears.

Back
Top Bottom