• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
wow i didn't see any 3080s on there. I had the money saved and was waiting to find stock, then finally someone shares the link with me, and it's on the week where my car dogged on me and needed a £700 repair bill, and the boiler packed in needing a £200 part. Safe to say I will not be able to get a new GPU for some time now, and I'll have to stick with my increasingly sluggish gtx460. Sad times, but sometimes life throws you lemons.

Associate
I was holding out for a 6800XT and was talking myself into the additional added cost when a 3080FE came up for RRP so just went with that.
You and me both. 3080 will be installed tomorrow but opened it up this evening and surprised how classy it looks. Not that it will be shown off but very impressed.

Soldato
You and me both. 3080 will be installed tomorrow but opened it up this evening and surprised how classy it looks. Not that it will be shown off but very impressed.

If both were available to me at the same price I probably would have swung towards AMD normally after the good experience with my Vega 56. Saying that, I've never had a mid-high end Nvidia card so I'm sure this will be epic.

Soldato
I caved in a nabbed a 6800XT Nitro+. Far more than I would have liked but will be selling my 5700XT for £450+ on the auction site so the outlay won't be that much overall.

Associate
Tempted by the 6800xt but still holding out for a 3080 if I can, decided that's the card I really want now. Massive thanks to OCUK for making the cards available in a different way to beat the way things have been going recently.

Associate
I believe he only removed those low on stock. Anybody knows if Overclockers send items on Saturday? Or DPD bringing them on Sunday? I had no option to buy next day delivery

Associate
It makes you wonder when everything gets back to normality how much of a devaluation hit computer hardware will take. Mind you that could be said for a lot of items in general.

I sold my used valve index in lockdown for £1100, now selling for £800 ish.. they'll definitely be a huge loss in value for some.

Associate
Good to see actual people getting cards yesterday, well done to all that got one!

Credit to Gibbo and the team for making it happen instead of letting bots/scalpers hoover them up.

I’m around 190 in the queue for a day one ordered 3080 Trio and have held my nerve pretty well until yesterday when I saw this thread!

Did some mental gymnastics to convince myself £700 for a 3070 Suprim was a way out and quickly placed an order.

I thought I’d check out some reviews to hopefully find some justification and stumbled on multiple people having issue with the card not quite fitting into a x570 Tomahawk due to the board catching on the SATA ports!

As luck would have it, I have the same board (again waiting on a 5900x) which this gpu was destined for.

Anyway I’ve take it as a sign and cancelled. I think I would have resented the card anyway!

Associate
^ I did try to explained the situation to my wife and she replied "Is this not illegal?" "Like hiding <powder> in flour?" :)))

659£ with delivery for a 3070 Gaming OC does it worth or was better to push 739£ for 6800? I use a 1080p-240hz screen :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom