Turtle Beach Stealth GEN2 700P

Associate
I found the headset very tight when I got it Saturday, but after using it for a few hours yesterday and today it has started to loosen up. A video I watched on YouTube and the reviewer out the headset on a foam roller when not in use to help stretch it out.

Associate
I still haven't received mine but been looking up on reviews etc of how to set them up.

I came across this from someone who said they were tight. Now it's up to you if you want to do this or not.

It's 8 minutes, 25 seconds in he mentions it. Did try to do it from there but won't let me embed it otherwise. If you don't want to risk it then it'll take a few weeks or more to loosen up.

Thanks. If it doesn't get any better I will give the metal adjustment a go. They do sound excellent and having had them on for about an hour its not too bad. My initial 'review' is fading fast!

Soldato
I found the headset very tight when I got it Saturday, but after using it for a few hours yesterday and today it has started to loosen up. A video I watched on YouTube and the reviewer out the headset on a foam roller when not in use to help stretch it out.

Same, I store mine on my series X (as though it is it wearing them but with the band towards the back) and thats stretched them out nicely. Plus the muffs are occasionionally nice and warm from when its switching on to do stuff.

Soldato
Received mine today after a week and a half, apparently it popped back up on the official Turtle Beach website by mistake when there was no stock. So had to wait until they had more to process my order.. fun times.

Anyway once I get home I'll try these and let people know how I get on with them! Brilliant timing as when I finish work at 5PM i'm now on furlough until further notice.

Soldato
So mine have now broken :( Plugged in to my PC to check for an update and instead of detecting as the device name, it popped up a device called LxU D Bootloader... now have no power light, charge light and won't hard reset or power on. Bricked... I'd love to get the SteelSeries 7X as its more versatile with its USB dongle but I can't find anywhere that will ship to New Zealand!

Soldato
So mine have now broken :( Plugged in to my PC to check for an update and instead of detecting as the device name, it popped up a device called LxU D Bootloader... now have no power light, charge light and won't hard reset or power on. Bricked... I'd love to get the SteelSeries 7X as its more versatile with its USB dongle but I can't find anywhere that will ship to New Zealand!

Yeah just checked and a few people have that problem, had to get it replaced by TB.

Got mine setup, good sound with the dolby trial only thing is they tight as hell on my big head so going to have to stretch them out.

Soldato
Yeah they're a good headset, just found mine disappointing with the multi-connectivity issues... I don't always get access to the TV, so the Arctis 7x with their USB-c dongle may be a better fit for me as I move from device to device, sometimes game streaming etc.

Soldato
Yeah they're a good headset, just found mine disappointing with the multi-connectivity issues... I don't always get access to the TV, so the Arctis 7x with their USB-c dongle may be a better fit for me as I move from device to device, sometimes game streaming etc.

The Steel Series 7X is your best bet then , literally works on everything even the PS5.

Soldato
Its a shame the 7X is another £50 on top of the Stealths.

I would have gone for the 7X but had the normal 7 on the PS4 and hated it. Clamped to my head worse than this one, sound kept cutting out and was subpar and overall just didn't think it was any good at all.

This so far seems great, although the tightness is a problem i've had it wrapped round my Series X all night so hopefully loosened up a bit.

Soldato
Loosened up enough to enjoy them now, still need a bit more but the sound quality is very good and really liking them.

Although couldn't get anyone hearing me in party chat earlier, thought it was the mic but send a voice message to my brother and he heard it very clearly. So gotta sort that out but otherwise so far happy with my purchase.

Associate
I've done the same as @dakaiez suggested and put the headset over my Xbox, only for short periods but it has made an appreciable difference to the clamping force/comfort level.

Soldato
I don’t feel the sound is as good as my sennheiser 595s and creative AE5 - but that’s probably an unfair comparison.

Well i've got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's which have been awesome, originally had Sennheiser 598SE's but game in the same room as my missus watching TV so could never hear my games.

Not plugged into anything more than my SoundBlaster Z but both were very good for gaming, had these headphones in last night and honestly could hear all footsteps and was immersed and impressed with the sound.

I'd have stuck with my DT770 Pros but problem is i've got a line out cable running into my line in on my graphics card and it has background noise that's offputting. That and I wanted a non wired mic for gameparty chat on the xbox.

Soldato
Morning all

I built a new gaming PC (Bored in lockdown) can I get a Microsoft dongle and plug it into my pc for them to connect so I can play COD etc on the PC?

Can't seem to find a clear answer...

Thanks all

Associate
Morning all

I built a new gaming PC (Bored in lockdown) can I get a Microsoft dongle and plug it into my pc for them to connect so I can play COD etc on the PC?

Can't seem to find a clear answer...

Thanks all
I believe the headset works connected to a Microsoft Windows 10 dongle, the same way a wireless controller would.

Back
Top Bottom