i7-10700k struggling to get 5.1 Ghz

Associate
Hi everyone!

I recently got an i7-10700k and I have Overclocked it to 5 Ghz after watching some videos. Ive tried multiple times to get a stable 5.1 Ghz Clock speed and there are quite few videos that explain how to do that. So I was wondering if any of you guys have a 10700k at 5.1 and could help me manage that!

I assume that as it's advertised it should be able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your time to help!

Associate
OP
I've not tryed to het 5ghz from my 10700k as I run it at 4.8ghz 1.25v .what volts do you use on the 5ghz mate.
I run it at 1.35V and it has been nice and stable and then the 2 underneath that at 1.25, i forget what the other values are as i am new to overclocking. But ive been running this OC for a couple months and its been rock solid. I just watched a couple vids on youtube to get it to 5 but cant seem to find any that work for 5.1 hahah.

I get to pair it with my 3070 thats coming today too and I cant wait, just submitted my last exam too so no one will be seeing me for the next few days until the semester starts xD

Associate
OP
Yeh low volts lower temp and so on,always start at a stable volt then work down if you can,I've got a custom watercooling set up so temp wise I'm fine.
Oh nice! Im thinking about doing that after uni, doesnt look too hard to accomplish and would be a nice challenge! What should I go down in increments by?

Soldato
Hi everyone!

I recently got an i7-10700k and I have Overclocked it to 5 Ghz after watching some videos. Ive tried multiple times to get a stable 5.1 Ghz Clock speed and there are quite few videos that explain how to do that. So I was wondering if any of you guys have a 10700k at 5.1 and could help me manage that!

I assume that as it's advertised it should be able to do it.

Thanks in advance for your time to help!
This article explains your chances in the 'silicon lottery'
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....news/intel-comet-lake-s-overclocking-10th-gen
See what you can get to at 1.350v. Beyond this things get too toasty. At 5.2ghz all core I need 1.370v on i9.
5.1 needs 1.320, 5.0 needs 1.280v.

Permabanned
MSI Z490 Tomahawk
5.0Ghz all core
47 ring
Vcore in BIOS fixed 1.25v
CPUz measures 1.27 vcore under load
VCCIO 1.0
VCCSA 1.0
XMP is on
Hyperthreading is on
LLC Mode 3

Tested on RealBench and OCCT for stability, cooler on Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 with Noctua NT-H1, max temp of 66C.

At the moment I'm not looking to push further or go lower, I'm happy with my stats so far. Coming from a 7700k I've been scarred of high temps and being a temperamental chip.

Soldato
Looks like your LLC is a little too high tbh.

I would up the voltage abit more and drop the LLC to a lower setting. You should be trying to aim for your set voltage with LLC and not over jump it. A lower LLC will also drop your temps more than a higher voltage set in bios.

Permabanned
Looks like your LLC is a little too high tbh.

I would up the voltage abit more and drop the LLC to a lower setting. You should be trying to aim for your set voltage with LLC and not over jump it. A lower LLC will also drop your temps more than a higher voltage set in bios.

What setting for LLC should I go for? Open to suggestions and help.

Soldato
What setting for LLC should I go for? Open to suggestions and help.
Knock it down 1 notched, up your voltage to 1.26v and test again paying attention to your temps and what cpu-z registers your voltage at when under load. If you're setting your voltage to 1.25v and cpu-z registers 1.27v under load then its setting it too high. You want as close as possible to your set voltage without it crashing and stable.

Whats your temps at?

Soldato
To really help you further i need to know what settings you currently have set in your bios.

Also the cooling solution used.

Temps under load

A screenshot of your bios settings/cpu-z/temps etc would be good. If these chips are anything like the 9900k with it being 8core/16threads it'll require around 1.28-1.3v for 5.1ghz all core boost.

Permabanned
To really help you further i need to know what settings you currently have set in your bios.

Also the cooling solution used.

Temps under load

A screenshot of your bios settings/cpu-z/temps etc would be good. If these chips are anything like the 9900k with it being 8core/16threads it'll require around 1.28-1.3v for 5.1ghz all core boost.

Thank you for your offer to help. These are my BIOS settings.

https://imgur.com/a/i48pt71

Soldato
Try these settings, test with prime95 small fft's and have HWinfo open to monitor your cpu and VRM temps and also voltage to see how much it fluctuates and what it peaks at. You'll wanna test this with both Mode 4 and 5 if you get stable on both, i would stick with Mode 5 as its less aggressive.

WftnIXa.png

lZRYDq7.png

RN1oE4V.png

d5JnDQj.png

Permabanned
Try these settings, test with prime95 small fft's and have HWinfo open to monitor your cpu and VRM temps and also voltage to see how much it fluctuates and what it peaks at. You'll wanna test this with both Mode 4 and 5 if you get stable on both, i would stick with Mode 5 as its less aggressive.

WftnIXa.png

lZRYDq7.png

RN1oE4V.png

d5JnDQj.png

Sorry for the late reply. I will have time to test these this weekend. Once I do I will get back to you. Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom