Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
I think if I hadn't been in crypto for years I'd have gotten sucked into this too.

And I think I'd have gone in yesterday. Literally because of FOMO.

It's so tempting. The greed and seeing people making life changing sums is so tempting

Soldato
I'm playing with money I can afford to lose.

When I first got an interest in trading/investing only a few weeks ago, this is the one hard and fast rule people need to remember. This GME effect has attracted millions of absolute rookies to places like T212 and after GME is gone and forgotten, I'd hypothesise that a fair portion of these people are going to keep using the platform to trade other shares, and are going to look at the "TOP WINNERS" tab and see that shares in some random nothing company went up 150% and chuck their money into it, not being aware that it's a pump and dump.

Going forward, I have a feeling that in the short term at least, lots and lots of people are going to trade on what's popular or being spoken about. Could be fun for some more experienced traders?

Last edited:
Soldato
When I first got an interest in trading/investing only a few weeks ago, this is the one hard and fast rule people need to remember. This GME effect has attracted millions of absolute rookies to places like T212 and after GME is gone and forgotten, I'd hypothesise that a fair portion of these people are going to keep using the platform to trade other shares, and are going to look at the "TOP WINNERS" tab and see that shares in some random nothing company went up 150% and chuck their money into it, not being aware that it's a pump and dump.

Going forward, I have a feeling that in the short term at least, lots and lots of people are going to trade on what's popular or being spoken again. Could be fun for some more experienced traders?

This for sure. It's still playing with fire though and you'll (plural) never beat the algorithms. I'm sure a lot of amateurs just lost a lot of money.

I do wish there was another pronoun for the plural form of you... :D

Associate
Joy and pain in equal measure (obviously)

There's going to be people hanging on to 10 percent of what they put in. Horrible
I do feel bad for the people who thought they were going to change their lives with this but it always ends the same way. I'm always amazed people don't have that thought 'this is too good to be true'.

Associate
I got out with barely any profit. Not because I didn't try to sell (had a $400 stop loss set) but the halts tore through them and Nordnet didn't fulfil the orders, managed to get through during the $163 halt. A lot of people just lost a lot of money in that 30 minutes, in those scenarios funds have the advantage (another one) - average joe bloggs' are all sat there refreshing the same web page trying to get a sale through.

Associate
I do feel bad for the people who thought they were going to change their lives with this but it always ends the same way. I'm always amazed people don't have that thought 'this is too good to be true'.

Makes it easier to manipulate things because the retail investors care about their money and will panic to cover, whereas these guys own the system. That being said, it was never going to end well for a lot of people.

Associate

Going forward, I have a feeling that in the short term at least, lots and lots of people are going to trade on what's popular or being spoken again. Could be fun for some more experienced traders?
I bought NIO and PLUG when they were both under $10 per and they've shot up but if anything I was worried they were being pumped. I genuinely believe in the companies and this market manipulation **** scares me. The bubbling bull market we appear to be in spooks me even more though.

Associate
I bought NIO and PLUG when they were both under $10 per and they've shot up but if anything I was worried they were being pumped. I genuinely believe in the companies and this market manipulation **** scares me. The bubbling bull market we appear to be in spooks me even more though.

Those stocks have genuine future value, but that's also why they'll move so erraticaly and probably be the first to drop if the bubble is real.

Associate
with this said, I chose to buy this year and that's what I'll do all year. Dollar cost average all the way.

Permabanned
It is utter market manipulation that the price has not been allowed to organically find its way. To stop the buying but allow the selling is pretty much criminal.

WSB have manipulated the market in a blatant pump and dump. If you're earnestly buying shares with a P/E in the thousands, you shouldn't really be allowed on the platform to begin with.

Soldato
Maybe we're just in the dip before the squeeze...

Y5pJaAt.png
iZc3xsP

Back
Top Bottom