New build won't post! X570-plus, R9-5900x, 32Gb RAM (2x16)

Associate
Hey all! I've recently attempted a major hardware upgrade and the system currently won't post

New Hardware:
Ryzen 9 5900X
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi)
VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz C18 (CMK32GX4M2Z3600C18)

Existing hardware
Powercolour Red Devil Vega 64
Corsair AX760 PSU
1 x 500GB Samsung 860 SSD
1 x 1000GB Samsung 860 SSD
1 x 500GB Samsung 840 SSD
1 x 1000Gb Harddrive

All the lights and fans start going but nothing to the monitors. The onboard qled has a constant yellow dram light. I've tried the ram in A1/B1 and A2/B2 configs, I've tried them one a time in every slot. No change.
I've tried clearing the CMOS, removing the onboard battery and clearing the CMOS. No change.
Tried removing all cables, plugging them back in again. Booting withought GPU in. Booting without ssd/hdd's plugged in etc. No change.

The only immediate thing is: the specific RAM modules I have are not listed on the Memory QVL for the motherboard. Have I made a rookie screw up and bought RAM that won't work with my motherboard? :(

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Soldato
Have you tried bread-boarding it? (skeleton setup outside of the case - motherboard resting on a cardboard and jump starting with a screwdriver)

Soldato
@OP - Does the TUF have flash back? (you will need the latest BIOS for 5900 compatibility)

/checks
Yeah it's likely the motherboard has a non Zen 3 compatible BIOS. Don't think it supports CPUless BIOS flashing either.
Yes, unfortunately he will need a boot kit. Especially after a CMOS reset -as no flashback utility as far as i can tell.

EDIT: Or borrow a 3600/3700 etc to update BIOS or send the board back to store for update if the option is offered - they would test the board at the same time.

Associate
OP
Hey all! Thanks everyone. Indeed, it looks like the bios is probably at fault here. The sticker on the board says 1407 and the minimum required is 2607. Hopefully this means that it isn't borked hardware though (hopefully)

I don't have anyone I can borrow a suitable processor from unfortunately. I've put a post in the OcUK Customer Service -> Component Technical Support forum to see what my options are for resolving this! Will keep ya'll posted!

Back
Top Bottom