Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I'm more bothered about my ATVK and ZOM than GME, got more in those than GME but they're not doing much...

AML has gone over 100% today though so that'll do for me.

Soldato
AMC looking stronger than GME right now (in terms of pre-market).

My guess is that due to the huge price difference, people are more willing to gamble on AMC than GME (myself included).

I'll wait for the AMC dip about 30/60 mins after opening and that should net me around 150 shares in total. Will hold till $50 which I think is realistic in the next 2-3 weeks if momentum is kept up which nets me $7500 which I'd be quite happy with!

We shall see if WSB can keep their eyes on the $AMC and $GME balls and not get distracted by $NOK, $BB and Silver.

That's a hell of a bet! Youre that confident?

Soldato
Robinhood is still limiting users on how many shares they can own

CM3mMPE.jpg

They're probably finished though if this survey is anything to go by

Survey.png

Caporegime
Highly convenient that Citadel owns millions in silver and now the media is trying to paint it as the next squeeze target by WSB. Don't listen to a word they're saying and hold GME.

Soldato
AMC looking stronger than GME right now (in terms of pre-market).

My guess is that due to the huge price difference, people are more willing to gamble on AMC than GME (myself included).

I'll wait for the AMC dip about 30/60 mins after opening and that should net me around 150 shares in total. Will hold till $50 which I think is realistic in the next 2-3 weeks if momentum is kept up which nets me $7500 which I'd be quite happy with!

We shall see if WSB can keep their eyes on the $AMC and $GME balls and not get distracted by $NOK, $BB and Silver.

nice theory....But you do know it's not quite as simple as you make out....:D

There is no way this "momentum" goes on for 2-3 weeks....Anyone one can see, this is short term, make a quick buck, and out scenario.

Soldato
Doubtful, i imagine all the surveys were done by people from WSB who are annoyed at the situation. I'd imagine the % of RH customers which traded in GME/AMC etc is probably quite small and the rest will all be fairly happy.

There were 700k angry reviews scrubbed by google & apple, I'd imagine the vast majority of those will be leaving, any company losing over half a million customers is going to feel pain

fez

fez

Caporegime
Highly convenient that Citadel owns millions in silver and now the media is trying to paint it as the next squeeze target by WSB. Don't listen to a word they're saying and hold GME.

I may be wrong here but this seems like direct market manipulation. Literally nothing on WSB says anything other than "DON'T BUY SILVER" so they are clearly lying about this. The only reason they would lie about this is to reduce interest and strength in GME and to move people to put that money into silver which benefits them twice over.

Once the dust has settled on this people should genuinely riot if nothing is done to punish these financial whales. They are literally cheating and using the stock market as thier personal money printer. They pillaged the markets for years before 2008 and the people involved walked off with billions. There are no repercussions that even give these companies pause for concern.

Toyota have just been fined £180m for emissions cheating over 10 years. That works out to be about 4 hours worth of revenue for them.

Soldato
Doubtful, i imagine all the surveys were done by people from WSB who are annoyed at the situation. I'd imagine the % of RH customers which traded in GME/AMC etc is probably quite small and the rest will all be fairly happy.

I'm quite happy that 212 and co have limited the damage from this pump and dump.

Triggering a stock market collapse is no in anyone's best interests. WSB have given that hedge fund a bloody nose already....now it's simply greed.

Soldato
The thing we are seeing with GameStop reminds me of this Buffet quote “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

Be careful out there. Seeing people piling in like this remind me of what happened before we saw market crashes. It’s making me seriously review my positions I have at the moment.

fez

fez

Caporegime
WSB have given that hedge fund a bloody nose already....now it's simply greed.

Unless something serious happens as a result of this, nothing will change. Hedge funds will continue to play god in the stock market and manipulate and cheat. At some point, people in finance need to start going to jail for a very long time for their behaviour.

The thing we are seeing with GameStop reminds me of this Buffet quote “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

Be careful out there. Seeing people piling in like this remind me of what happened before we saw market crashes. It’s making me seriously review my positions I have at the moment.
every day feels like another warning sign that a crash is coming, GME just adds to that already there feeling.

could it be that any drop in price for other stocks due to GME, ends up being a good thing as GME will be blamed and once that's very quickly over then the confidence that the "issue" is done with will allow stocks to pick back up, not realising there were and are other issues that should be reducing people's confidence in the market but now aren't?

any value in that?

Soldato
Unless something serious happens as a result of this, nothing will change. Hedge funds will continue to play god in the stock market and manipulate and cheat. At some point, people in finance need to start going to jail for a very long time for their behaviour.

This righteous indignation is hilarious....what's wrong with shorting a stock?

WBS nerds are trading put options half the time, they have absolutely no moral high ground, they are just another bunch of people trying to make money off the markets.

Soldato

This. I'm now 75% cash, going to sit and wait for this to blow over. The markets are looking for a reason to correct and the coming collapse of these pump and dumps may just be it.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This righteous indignation is hilarious....what's wrong with shorting a stock?

Nothing...

Whats wrong with over 130% of a companies shares being shorted.... a lot. I haven't argued that shorting should be illegal at any point. The almost complete lack of regulation of the financial services market is a catastrophe for the lower and middle classes. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise. Every time they get caught doing something illegal that would get any inidividual a long time in jail they are simply fined a joke amount of money that doesn't even begin to "teach them a lesson" apart from encouraging them.

WBS nerds are trading put options half the time, they have absolutely no moral high ground, they are just another bunch of people trying to make money off the markets.

WSB is full of an unsurprisingly large number of people. I'm sure most want to make a quick buck and others just want to make wall street bleed. If they can do both then that would be a win.

Soldato
Markets correcting with such large amounts of new currency is why we are here, I generally go with old money inflating in reaction but thats boring and takes years possibly. Nice of WSB to try but silver market would require global movement I guess, lots of supply not too similar to massive shorts of GME.
My take is we need the legal and debt or bonds view, both supercede share control possibly. VW and Porche they agreed a deal to settle. As a company GME should settle with the shorts, PMO did this recently ? Im not great on legal, I really dont know I just remember this can be what it comes down to in difficult situations.

Anyone using fidelity? Better than T212?
Fidelity is long term established very big reliable firm, used them for years but are they free dealing ? USA offers this to US citizens but not sure we get it.
Assets managed 3.3 trillion :eek:

you know share issues are bad right? it devalues all the other shares that already exist.

Lets not generalise, not all shorts are unjustified and issuing shares is fairly normal. Both can be corrupt I agree and definitely pay attention to both as part of the homework to any opinion on a stock. This is why I often lean on reading various articles and people doing this for me.
Really simple thing to check and should be on yahoo is to look at the largest holders for a stock, ideally someone running the company is going to lose bigger then me if they mess up the shares because they own 20% of it.
PMG and DIA off the top of my head I think thats true. Tom Cross is self made millionaire from previous work he did in oil and ditto his share holders. CEO can make a big difference to the character and likely success of operations its hard to know if they really will pull it off but quality counts.

Dam it, 900p was a buy :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom