Valheim

Soldato
I think it's published by their publishing arm, but it's not made by them AFAIK. Satisfactory is made/published by Coffee Stain Studios/Publishing, this is made by Iron Gate AB and published by Coffee Stain Publishing.

Yeah, I realised this later after doing more reading on the developers. They’re only a 4 man outfit!

Soldato
I'm still liking the game.

Though the only annoying parts is in multiplayer where often me and my friend can't see each other on the map. Also the chat menu 1. doesn't alert me when a person as messaged, and 2. it seems if we get a certain distance away we just don't see the message. It's not listed in the chat. So I recommend using an outside chat program.

Soldato
I'm still liking the game.

Though the only annoying parts is in multiplayer where often me and my friend can't see each other on the map. Also the chat menu 1. doesn't alert me when a person as messaged, and 2. it seems if we get a certain distance away we just don't see the message. It's not listed in the chat. So I recommend using an outside chat program.

On the map there’s a tick box to show your icon on the map for everyone on the server. This resets every time you join a server.

Associate
Agree the game is a bit of a masterpeice in their coding efforts too, very well optimised for a EA.

I have a dedicated server so if anyone needs a place to play just PM.

Soldato
had a right laff 2night, corpse run to a dungeon, being attacked by big troll things, our group running away in the dark, mist all around, can't see anything, then boars join the attack, absolute madness >^_^<

Associate
had a right laff 2night, corpse run to a dungeon, being attacked by big troll things, our group running away in the dark, mist all around, can't see anything, then boars join the attack, absolute madness >^_^<
Sounds mega. Myself I managed to die twice today to a falling tree I'd just chopped.

Soldato
Yep, so I re-purchased after my group (including LeMson) sorted out our MP desync issues.

We started off a limited DS and went about our business building a small villa "Hey why has it gone dark alrea....whats an Eikthyr and why is there a red health ba....WTF is that?!" as one of our team members runs out of the forest followed by a giant deer with lighting bolts coming out of its you know what. Choas soon ensued and the 3 of us hid inside a house - only for the deer to smash a corner of the house to bits so we ran out screaming and flailing our cavemen clubs. After about 6mins it was dead and we took a breather before rebuilding and destroying more of the forest.

Towards the end of the night we decided to go exploring - yeah that went hilariously well. We found a cave on the edge of the Black Forest and one 2 star skeleton killed us all in seconds. Respawned back at our base and did a naked corpse run through the jungle towards the cave. It's funny how every animal is an absolute bugger when you've got no weapons. Eventually got to said cave and 2 of us rapidly got our gear back - I got one shotted and had to rinse and repeat a naked corpse run about 3 more times before I got my stuff back. As I exited the caves, I saw a tree fall and some very large creatures began chasing us. We all legged it through the dark, misty night with boars and god knows us constantly adding to the chase along with big bad.

Yeah, that was Day One.

Soldato
How does it play solo? Can I just drop in and out of any other server and seamlessly go back to solo? Is there a server list?
I really want to get this but I have no friends who play games...
Yep and yep. Your inventory carries with you from SP to any server.

The game has a basic server list, you can’t ‘favourite’ any servers at the moment and the list doesn’t populate well sometimes so the server you want exists but just doesn’t show up. Hoping they make the server list better quickly personally.

It plays fine solo but you’ll really benefit from a server with friends as solo adventures are quite an experience to remember.

Soldato
Is it possible to set up a server in a pi 4 device or any Linux based server?
I was looking into this. You will need software to convert from ARM to x86 in order to handle the steam software using something like ExaGear. I wonder if the pi is powerful enough to handle a dedicated server for Valheim? Maybe the 8GB model could?

Back
Top Bottom