Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Hi guys, my staff discounts have been updated, can get some very good deals for new customers, PM me for more info

Seems that you primarily use this forum to get kickbacks for signing up new people.

Lets be open and honest, if they were to use Quidco and the new customer offers they'd likely end up with a better price per month and I think you should be upfront and tell people that you are making money of them in your wage packet, not necessarily getting them the very best deal.

Soldato
Seems that you primarily use this forum to get kickbacks for signing up new people.

Lets be open and honest, if they were to use Quidco and the new customer offers they'd likely end up with a better price per month and I think you should be upfront and tell people that you are making money of them in your wage packet, not necessarily getting them the very best deal.

thats a bit harsh. he is doing people a favour by getting better deals than what the website would offer.

Caporegime
Is anyone else getting an absolute assload of spam in their inbox lately? I'm constantly getting obvious scam emails about norton etc, never used to get much spam at all but lately its a dozen or so emails a day at least.

Soldato
thats a bit harsh. he is doing people a favour by getting better deals than what the website would offer.

Staff member gets £75 per new customer who signs up, they get nothing for existing customers they move over, customer gets 25%? off RRP. If Ultimate Umph is £89/m for 18 months as a new customer and then £139/m, that works out as £81.50/m average over the contract. 25% off £139 is £104.20/m... or £22.70/m MORE than a new customer pays, that’s £408.60 more over the 18 months. Perhaps the discount level has changed, but it would need to be quite a bit, c’mon @dean0 you’ve been cashing in on the forum each year for ages, care to clarify what the current deal is? Saves me having to ask an ex colleague ;)

Soldato
I'm on M600 and during peak times I'm only getting 150mbps. I've had 3 engineers out now all of which can't find any problems. Not sure what my options are at this point, ringing them up is pointless because they'll only send another engineer who will just do the same as the others

I wonder if it really could be over subscription

Soldato
When you say they can't find a problem...

I assume when they turn up the speed test is low, what do they say? Within minimum guaranteed speed?

Have you spoke to your neighbors?

Soldato
I'm on M600 and during peak times I'm only getting 150mbps. I've had 3 engineers out now all of which can't find any problems. Not sure what my options are at this point, ringing them up is pointless because they'll only send another engineer who will just do the same as the others

Assuming it’s not a fault (you’ve had 3 engineers out), what does a wired direct to the router speedtest to the on network VM speed test server show? Various reason exist for ‘slow’, some are nothing to do with the ISP and some are.

Soldato
Assuming it’s not a fault (you’ve had 3 engineers out), what does a wired direct to the router speedtest to the on network VM speed test server show? Various reason exist for ‘slow’, some are nothing to do with the ISP and some are.

Shows exactly the same slow speed, 150mbps or somewhere around that. Perfectly fine outside of peak hours and I get the full 600mbps

Soldato
Anyone else here run into issues with VM and Nintendo Switch, my girlfriends switch just refuses to connect to the internet. Literally overnight.

Tried manually setting an IP on the hub then setting it on the switch, tried rebooting the router, tried wiping the switch itself, tried alternate dns addresses and so forth.

It does a 2 step connection setup,

Device -> Network Device -> Internet

I can get it to connect to the 'network device' which is the router but then it just can't get out to the internet.

Losing my mind trying to fix this!

Associate
Engineer came today and replaced the router and put a new connector on which seems to have lowered the power levels to get them into spec. He said there's still issues on my line and my bqm still looks like a mountain range during peak times.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broa...hare/667b89d7cd431ef2971c20a21579d877dac6ff8c

He said other than the elusive work in my area, there wasn't anything else he could do.

I cancelled about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them or had any confirmation, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime I have a BT line being installed on the 23rd which I'll switch to if it works out better.

Soldato

Hub 4 is due out in about 6 weeks. Ask for a swap... Also I’ve noticed that using the 5 ghz wireless gets me faster speeds. Wired m getting 600.

Associate
Anyone else here run into issues with VM and Nintendo Switch, my girlfriends switch just refuses to connect to the internet. Literally overnight.

Tried manually setting an IP on the hub then setting it on the switch, tried rebooting the router, tried wiping the switch itself, tried alternate dns addresses and so forth.

It does a 2 step connection setup,

Device -> Network Device -> Internet

I can get it to connect to the 'network device' which is the router but then it just can't get out to the internet.

Losing my mind trying to fix this!

Apart from the occasional network error where it randomly loses network connection I’ve not had a problem with connecting.

Is it a switch or a switch lite?

Soldato
Apart from the occasional network error where it randomly loses network connection I’ve not had a problem with connecting.

Is it a switch or a switch lite?
Just the standard Switch. It literally happened over night. Can't get my head around it. It still won't connect now!

Did a full reset of the Hub this morning. Turned it off for a few hours and so forth. Same errors.

Back
Top Bottom