Best games for 30-60 minute sessions

Permabanned
I like Rise of Nations because I can 1v1 the computer in about 40 mins. It's easy to pick up and play without becoming a second job.

Other games with this attribute that come to mind:
Counter Strike
Chess

Games that are not what I'm looking for:
Wow
EVE Online
Civ 6
Stellaris
Divinity Original Sin 2

So here's where you come in...

Name some games that fit nicely in 30-60 minute sessions.

Soldato
Been playing The Division 2 like that a lot lately. Just log in do the daily and make some progress towards the weekly quest, then hop off, or just do a few floors of the summit. Path of Exile works well for short sessions too, a map even if you're really slow is always <5 mins to run. Obviously card games are great for this too (Gwent, etc).

Caporegime
You can get anything from 2-5 games of Apex Legends done in that time depending on how well you do. Great for pick up and play as game launch times are quite short.

Caporegime
Custom Doom WADS. Ideal for diving in and out of for a level or three.

There are some very good maps available.

You can always add extra little additions to the gameplay with mods like Beautiful Doom or music packs.

Doom EXP is another which is highly worth trying out.

Last edited:
Associate
Hades is perfect for this. A single complete run should last 20-30 mins. Roguelites are a good genre for a quick pick up and put down play style

And

And

Associate
Good call. In the same vein, Quake. Plenty of source ports to go at (I use Quakespasm) and custom maps/episodes. Arcane Dimensions is probably the best of those.

Custom Doom WADS. Ideal for diving in and out of for a level or three.

There are some very good maps available.

You can always add extra little additions to the gameplay with mods like Beautiful Doom or music packs.

Doom EXP is another which is highly worth trying out.

Associate
HItman 3. The ability to save anywhere (playing it on easy) means I can stop when ever I want and pick it up again whenever.
The load times are also amazingly short (SSD though) so I can be up and playing very quickly.

Caporegime
Good call. In the same vein, Quake. Plenty of source ports to go at (I use Quakespasm) and custom maps/episodes. Arcane Dimensions is probably the best of those.

Yeah, AD is very good. I also use Quakespasm along with other source ports now and again.

I played this recently (PSX Doom inspired WAD). Really enjoyed it. The two mappers are also working on at least another two PSX orientated works so I'm looking forward to those. :)
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/99788-psx-doom-fall-of-triton-out-now/

Soldato
For a single player shooter if you havent played it already, Quake II RTX.

Looks fantastic with full path tracing, incredible 90s level design, quick save, no need to be online

Back
Top Bottom