***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I think I used a 4x50mm, in a Fischer duo power plug into a skimmed plasterboard wall. I don’t think I have anything longer than that in that size.

Seems pretty solid, certainly not going anywhere. I have it screwed in so the batwing is tight up against the wall with no gap. If your concerned you could take off the little ‘skids’ off the back to get the model get closer to the wall but I didn’t bother.

Soldato
Forgot to post (and realised I haven't actually taken any pictures as I type this), but I managed to get the Lego Grand Piano for £250 a few weeks ago that I built over the course of the past week. Must say its a great bit of lego engineering, looks good and actually works, although were it will live is a bit of a question, at the moment it is on the sub with only about a cm space front and rear for the legs to stay on.

Edit - pic

VhuiFIll.jpg

And yes, that is the ship in the bottle in the background.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
That is disappointing handling for a launch offer if true. Looks like both items had to show in your basket. I missed it by minutes.
Ah, that sucks. I stayed up a little later than planned just to make sure I bought it. Was tempted to order it twice, but the bonus pack is only worth €15 according to Lego, and certainly not worth paying full price of €150 on the Porsche.
Will probably buy a second 911 to keep as an investment if it ever falls to €100 or less somewhere..

Soldato
As the GWP sold out for the 911. I've decided to just wait till March to purchase.

Looks like the scalpers won again. eBay is filled with the Porsche owners packs at around £100 or more. :mad::mad:

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
As the GWP sold out for the 911. I've decided to just wait till March to purchase.

Looks like the scalpers won again. eBay is filled with the Porsche owners packs at around £100 or more. :mad::mad:
Totally should’ve bought two now!

Only joking; scalpers suck.

Soldato
With March almost upon us I am allowing myself another lego purchase, I want both Pirates of Barracuda Bay and the Blacksmith, should I go for the Bay first as it is the older model?

Only thing I'm questioning is lots of people on HUKD saying the Bay could get a JL discount again (JL are currently randomly discounting sets), so would be much nicer with 15-20% off

Associate
Blimey. That's quick! 3 days? The last thing I ordered direct from Lego took 6 days to arrive.

Seems those that ordered around midnight had priority.

Soldato
And it’s arrived, no GWP though.

There certainly getting quicker on their shipping. Backlogs must be cleared by now, the blacksmith didn’t take long to arrive either.

Associate
Mine's still showing as "In Warehouse" which I'm guessing means it won't ship till next week now. Ordered 10am on the 16th.

Soldato
I ordered at midnight, they must have had a lot of these made for the launch. I’m surprised it’s still in stock given the state of recent launches.

Edit on back order now of course! Not a long wait though only a week.

Associate
My Porsche arrived today. Ordered at 11.45pm. I also missed the GWP.
Schoolboy error. I should have twigged that it went live at 11pm UK time. Used my points towards the purchase. Nearly ordered the Police station modular as well, but going to wait for next double points.

Associate
Ah well. I guess I must be down on the list as a low priority. I can wait.

Really fancy teaming it up on the shelf with this though. Just finished building after a lot of Bricklinking. My favourite car of all time.

NMq9WHW.jpg

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a Lego storage box? My son has a lot of classic Lego and we need a clear plastic storage box, ideally compartmentalised so the colours can be separated out. Ta!

Back
Top Bottom