Valheim

Soldato
Nah I'd just leave it as the trial version - as you won;t be doing things like changing the desktop background etc
Good to know thanks!

I’ve just bought an 8GB Pi 4b with an Argon One case. Going to overclock it to at least 2GHz. I got a WD Green 240GB m.2 to go with it. Should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I wonder how many players we can handle at once?

Associate
Setup a small base at the coast near the main spawn, feel free to use, ill leave the odd bit of gear in there as I go, so help yourself.. im assuming doors can be opened by anyone?

Associate
Any tips on dealing with Troll Cave? I've got leather armour and the stag hammer, flint axe & tower shield. Should I leave it for a bit or explore?

Use a bow & arrow.

When I entered the cave I activate sneak mode and get an arrow shot to the head. Once it becomes aware pepper with arrows until it reaches melee range. Then use the dodge roll function when it attacks until you end up behind it. Then just continue to pepper with arrows whilst backtracking.

Associate
Not had a troll in a cave yet, lol.. found plenty. Other method is wait til it comes at u, run out. wait a few in crouch til the eye goes away then re-enter (repeat til dead) Been crashing all day, 2 blue screens, finally got it to work for more than 10 mins on solo again, sheesh.

Man of Honour
You can cheese the trolls in the cave pretty easily, step in, shoot two arrows, step back out, wait 10 seconds for him to walk back to the start, step in, shoot two arrows, step back out, wait 10 seconds, rinse and repeat. They dont heal so you can just do that repeatedly and kill them without taking any damage

Soldato
Never really got into any survival games or Minecraft stuff before, but spun up a Vakheim server on Azure the other day, playing with a few work people...hooked!

Really nice visuals, gameplay loop is solid, fairly straightforward to figure out things work. Survival part isn't onerous.

Soldato
Hey all. I have just setup my Dedicated server on a PI 4 device and i am looking for people who would like to join and stress test its performance and see how it goes.

Currently its running on the fastest micro sd card i got until my delivery for a ssd drive comes! So this is purely for testing purposes. The more that can join, the better! Server is based in the EU.

server details:

name: "Randir" password: "mightyducks"

Soldato
Like Minecraft, I can't honestly see me stopping playing for a long time to come. The only thing that will is if they drastically change gameplay elements etc.
I hugely enjoy just walking around in my bronze clown armour and exploring. Our server finally found the merchant last night so I bought the Minginglord trinket, which boosts max weight from 300 to 450. That should help offset the weight of the essentials I carry like Food/Tools/Weaps.

Soldato
Hey all. I have just setup my Dedicated server on a PI 4 device and i am looking for people who would like to join and stress test its performance and see how it goes.

Currently its running on the fastest micro sd card i got until my delivery for a ssd drive comes! So this is purely for testing purposes. The more that can join, the better! Server is based in the EU.

server details:

name: "Randir" password: "mightyducks"
Nice. What is the spec of the pi? Any overclocking? Let me know how many people it can handle. I get mine on Monday

Back
Top Bottom