Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Commissario
Some more bits arrived, and it now looks like this...

DSCF9371.jpg

DSCF9369.jpg

DSCF9367.jpg
Having just got back into PC builds, I approve of this

Caporegime
how many m2 did that do? Seems like such a pain in the are to actually use your attic in a new house! When we moved in here, I just strapped straight down to the rafters and it was fine.

No idea, its three loft boards.
Seems okay to use, like I say not going up there every day so will be fine.

So you squashed the insulation down to the joists? Supposed to let the insulation breath really. But, if you get no issues then hey ho, I've just followed what was advised tbh :)

EDIT: Apparently 3.51m2, i'll add some more at some point.

Soldato
how many m2 did that do? Seems like such a pain in the are to actually use your attic in a new house! When we moved in here, I just strapped straight down to the rafters and it was fine.

It's a bit of a pain to do, but is quite satisfying once you've finished. I've pretty much boarded our entire loft so as to spread the weight out rather than concentrating it to one spot.

Years ago people used to just stick boards straight on to the joists and mostly squashing down the insulation. But there's been a number of studies to show how much heat loss you get, resulting in you paying more to heat your home.

Caporegime

You can strap it down to the rafters. You'll just compact and limit the insulation. The same thing would happen in an old house with the same thickness of insulation. The difference is a new house is likely to have more to comply with the latest building regs.

Associate
orange angostura works well as well and personally i swap half the sugar for a teaspoon of cocktail cherry juice which helps the sugar dissolve - also love a rye to keep it more balanced.
Agree with you on the orange bitters. I've dabbled with the Maraschino cherry option and I like it. The problem with this drink is that it is too drinkable in almost any variation....

Soldato
No idea, its three loft boards.
Seems okay to use, like I say not going up there every day so will be fine.

So you squashed the insulation down to the joists? Supposed to let the insulation breath really. But, if you get no issues then hey ho, I've just followed what was advised tbh :)

EDIT: Apparently 3.51m2, i'll add some more at some point.

Thanks for letting me know. I have squished half of our insulation and ok I can’t measure the heat loss, but the house is still extremely cheap to live on.

It's a bit of a pain to do, but is quite satisfying once you've finished. I've pretty much boarded our entire loft so as to spread the weight out rather than concentrating it to one spot.

Years ago people used to just stick boards straight on to the joists and mostly squashing down the insulation. But there's been a number of studies to show how much heat loss you get, resulting in you paying more to heat your home.

yup did that, no noticeable issues

Caporegime
Thanks for letting me know. I have squished half of our insulation and ok I can’t measure the heat loss, but the house is still extremely cheap to live on.

yup did that, no noticeable issues

I'm glad it's worked out for you.

In reality it might be fine, mines a new build and to confirm with regulations the insulations needs to be a certain depth, presumably I may invalidate some warranty or guarantee if it is not. :)

It's also to do with sweating, but again no idea if that definitely will happen or if it just happened in some cases during their research or whatever.

The previous house I was in has loft boards screwed to the joists, but then the joists were twice as deep and there wasn't much insulation, so it really didn't make much difference.

Back
Top Bottom