• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato

This is quite amazing really. The choice of games to launch it with are questionable, but the stuff they're doing to fool the game to believe it's running at 60fps or higher is very clever. I wonder if Sony can do the same through their backwards compatibility environment? It's especially cool that they'll soon provide the ability to toggle the settings on or off when you launch a game, so that Auto HDR and the FPS Boost can be disabled if it isn't quite to the taste of the player. It goes to show how much effort has been put into the Xbox backward compatibility engine.

Watching the Digital Foundry YouTube video about it was interesting as well because they broke things down quite a bit. Fallout 4 was also shown in the DF video as a game that they tested at 60fps but it's not in the first batch of games so that will hopefully come next. And if they can do that with games just through the backward compatibility engine, then games like RDR2 and GTA5 might get the same treatment even if Rockstar are working on something themselves to try and charge for it. Microsoft are showing that they want to provide value to us gamers with things like this, Game Pass and smart delivery. It's a good time to own an Xbox Series X!

Associate
Really excited about the remastered Metro Exodus, loads of improvements including raytraced lighting, 4k textures, 60 fps@4k, FOV slider etc. It already had keyboard and mouse support so this is pretty much my number 1 game for 2021.
That's awesome, I love that they're going back to these recent games and enhancing them. I haven't played any of the metro games so this will be another game added to my list of games awaiting playing. I seem to remember a metro game on game pass but I see there aren't any now, did I dream that?

Associate
MS are doing a great job with the Series consoles - apart from building enough to flood the market so everyone can easily get hold of one. Adding lots of 60 fps support, even if it's a hack, will be amazing.

I never finished Watchdogs 2 so getting to play that at 60 fps will be brilliant. Never realised Exodus was getting such a major overhaul - it's in my backlog already. Control Ultimate Ed has been buggy for me but is silky at 60 fps. I hope MS continues to add 60 fps support for lots of different games. Great for us but also a shot in the arm for sales of older games.

Soldato
60 fps support sounds great if they can cover majority of games.

What would also be really, really nice would be a resolution boost to 4k for xbox one games.

Man of Honour
Microsoft are showing that they want to provide value to us gamers with things like this, Game Pass and smart delivery. It's a good time to own an Xbox Series X!

Auto HDR, fps boost, quick resume, smart delivery, VRR, game pass. Fair play to MS, their killing it. Thrilled with my X. Plus all of their developer acquisitions that are going to bring some fantastic games.

Soldato
Anyone been watching Blizzcon? They announced Diablo 4 new Rogue class, graphics look awesome and kept in the same Diablo style.

They also dropped a gem Diablo 2 HD and expansion remastered available on new consoles and PC and full cross progression.

Man of Honour
I’m just wondering if Microsoft has unintentionally killed its own market for the time being ? You can’t buy a new gen console and they stopped production of the one X. They don’t have any growth atm .

Well they seem to be selling them as quickly as they are made. That can’t be a terrible thing?

Soldato
I’m just wondering if Microsoft has unintentionally killed its own market for the time being ? You can’t buy a new gen console and they stopped production of the one X. They don’t have any growth atm .

I don't think any lack of supply is intentional. Given the year we have had, supply issues really don't surprise me.

Soldato
I don't think any lack of supply is intentional. Given the year we have had, supply issues really don't surprise me.

That’s not what I ment. I think they killed the one x on purpose. But due to the pandemic they had no real growth in new gen. So they’ve lost out on potential people who might have still fallen back on old gen due to lack of supply.

Soldato
Just got mine delivered from Very today after a rough ride, really excited to set it up but I don't have a monitor yet that's coming tomorrow.

I can't believe how small it is, was really surprised to see how tiny it is in the flesh.

Is wreckfest on gamepass yet? Wouldn't run properly on my pc and really keen to play it.

Any deals on gamepass available that anyone's aware of?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Just got mine delivered from Very today after a rough ride, really excited to set it up but I don't have a monitor yet that's coming tomorrow.

I can't believe how small it is, was really surprised to see how tiny it is in the flesh.

Is wreckfest on gamepass yet? Wouldn't run properly on my pc and really keen to play it.

Any deals on gamepass available that anyone's aware of?

For gamepass, just get xbox live gold as cheap as possible, up to 3 years if you want, then convert to game pass ultimate for £1 = 3 years ultimate

Soldato
For gamepass, just get xbox live gold as cheap as possible, up to 3 years if you want, then convert to game pass ultimate for £1 = 3 years ultimate

Any go to place for as cheap as possible please? Can I convert it in Microsoft account for £1 even if I've had gamepass on my PC before but it's currently cancelled?

Sorry for all the questions I'm a console noob and I'm keen to get it setup as soon as the monitor arrives tomorrow

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Can I convert it in Microsoft account for £1 even if I've had gamepass on my PC before but it's currently cancelled?

That's a good question I'm not sure on that one. Perhaps because it's cancelled, and you've never actually had Xbox live, then the offer for £1 might work.

I think the cheapest way to get Xbox live is using a VPN to buy it from a foreign Microsoft store, but I've never tried that way. I just used to get it via a UK CD key site like cdkeys for about £30-40, so for around £70 I got myself 2 years of ultimate which didn't seem bad considering the amount of games you get to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom