Valheim

Soldato
yea thats the case i got i think. i can put a ssd nvme inside it
but yea follow the instructions on how to set it up and ping me any time u need help.
Thanks. I probably will. Only have a vague idea on how to put windows on it, overclock it with windows on there and then get the valheim server going. Seems like there is just about enough info on the Reddit link to get me going.

Soldato
I found an abandoned village in the Meadows biome not far from the swamp and the third boss, "ooh this looks friendly" I naively think and wander in to be ambushed by about 20 Drugar with their spawn points and the desperately fighting for my life :p

Nice forward base to fix up now though!

Associate
Any game breaking problems and or bugs in general at this stage?

Friend mentioned i buy it and Steam reviews overall are very good, so double checking here.

ty

Pet Northerner
Don
Any game breaking problems and or bugs in general at this stage?

Friend mentioned i buy it and Steam reviews overall are very good, so double checking here.

ty

There was one where if you alt + f4 out of a single player game the map can wipe. Dedicated servers hard restarting could od the same.

There have been patches to help with that though.

Most exploits are patched out by now and so far I believe there's been a weekly patch, so annoying things would probably be fixed quickly.

Associate
i
There was one where if you alt + f4 out of a single player game the map can wipe. Dedicated servers hard restarting could od the same.

There have been patches to help with that though.

Most exploits are patched out by now and so far I believe there's been a weekly patch, so annoying things would probably be fixed quickly.

TY, I am interested in single player and/or with the friend mentioned earlier.

Soldato
Only bug I've experienced is I was killed once and at the same time the game shut down for some reason, when I logged back in a minute or so later my respawn had gone and had lost everything. Was rather vexed! :p

Associate
Such a great game, im even enjoying the fact that ive started to port my initial base and goods, across to the new base I have at the Black Forest :D

My starter base has a basic boar farm, so I go back now and then to slaughter for easy leather if needed!

Soldato
So question to anyone who's playing this in co-op or on a server - Are achievements such as defeating a boss, or reading a a rune that reveals a location, specific to the map or the player?

If two players are playing co-op on a map, do BOTH players have to summon and unlock Eikthyr, and present mount the trophy to gain the Eikthyr power etc?

Or can just one player on the map grant it to all other players?

If I've read the rune which which gives the position the second boss on a map I'm plain solo, and then join someone else's map (in co-op), I assume I have to read that same rune again on their map? Or would I instantly see the location of the second boss on their map (& any map) I join?

Associate
So question to anyone who's playing this in co-op or on a server - Are achievements such as defeating a boss, or reading a a rune that reveals a location, specific to the map or the player?

If two players are playing co-op on a map, do BOTH players have to summon and unlock Eikthyr, and present mount the trophy to gain the Eikthyr power etc?

Or can just one player on the map grant it to all other players?

If I've read the rune which which gives the position the second boss on a map I'm plain solo, and then join someone else's map (in co-op), I assume I have to read that same rune again on their map? Or would I instantly see the location of the second boss on their map (& any map) I join?

From my understanding all waypoints on your map are specific to you. I think anyone can gain the boss power buff regardless of who placed the trophy at the stone.

Soldato
So last night a few of us took the ridiculous Lord of the Ring style voyage to setup an outpost near Bonemass with the eventual hopes in defeating him and properly moving onto the iron age - yeah, we got obliterated.

The journey took us past The Mistlands (unfinished but creepy!) and The Plains. We're still in the Bronze age (though some folks have iron armour) so we all got our first Deathsquito and Goblin experiences which resulted in naked deathruns back to our corpse. We eventually setup a TINY outpost in the swamp close to Bonemass but the lack of building materials meant that the nearby population got curious and wandered over so we were opening fire with arrows from all sides of a half made hut. We placed a portal back to base though.

Eventually we realised we didn't have much of a chance but we'd spawn him and hope it goes well. At this point there were 6 of us. I realised we had problems when my bronze mace was meleeing him for 8dmg and that healthbar wasn't even moving as everyone fired arrows at him simultaneously. Then the adds appeared as the population nearby became curious and it was a mess of an experience. All of us barely made it through the portal in time and I've no idea if its still functioning yet. I hope bosses despawn eventually but I have no idea.

We got absolutely wrecked, though by apparently the toughest boss in the whole game.

Man of Honour
This is our base so far, 3 of us playing, we've only done the first boss. Excuse the fps, it absolutely tanked when I started recording but you get the gist of our layout

Associate
Loving this game, didn't think I would, but a few friends for it and I'm hooked! Literally haven't played Amy other game since!

Suffice to say some serious hours of grinding have occurred to collect enough building materials to create a base on a man made mountain lol.

This game is great solo, but it's infinitely more fun with other people. We have 8 so far on our dedicated server, so it's cool seeing everyone's different take on base builds and it's a massive advantage being able to pool resources.

Associate
This is our base so far, 3 of us playing, we've only done the first boss. Excuse the fps, it absolutely tanked when I started recording but you get the gist of our layout

Base looks great, love that it looks like a town!

One thing I noticed was a lot of repairs needed though, stairs etc need covering and you'll never need to repair them.

Soldato
Does the have scale of I play solo im not going to be overwhelmed by enemies am I.
Still deciding if I should get it or not, seems a lot like the hype of No Man's Sky which soon got boring.

Associate
It's great playing solo too, I've got 3 games going I use the same character for. My friends dedicated server is my main stay, but use my personal seed as well as having my own dedicated server.

All three sessions I'm well up and running in, so it's a great way to gather resources and move them about.

There's a few servers mentioned in this thread too you can jump in to.

Associate
50+ hours into my solo world i have only the last boss to kill, i just need to sail to him and kill him then the game is literally just a building game.
Im looking forward to the future to see what comes, ive had a blast so far but i dont really enjoy building much so i only build what i actually need.

Soldato
50+ hours into my solo world i have only the last boss to kill, i just need to sail to him and kill him then the game is literally just a building game.
Im looking forward to the future to see what comes, ive had a blast so far but i dont really enjoy building much so i only build what i actually need.

You must have been trying to complete as fast as you can?

53 hours into a play through with a group and we've killed 2 bosses

Back
Top Bottom