Valheim

Associate
If you really want to fudge moving metals around then just logout with metal in your inventory, put it in a chest in another world, log back on and move to where you want the metal and then log out, get it from the other world and log back in.

Might as well use cheat codes at that point.

Associate
Is it because I am using a controller or is building just a little fiddly? I remarked at the graphics looking bad a few pages back. Now I have it, it looks awesome!

Just the building I am struggling with. Only played an hour or so but just building a floor is a nightmare the tiles don't seem to snap very well.

Im not going to be playing with KB+M so don't suggest that haha. It is what it is, ill either put up with it or hope it gets improved.

Soldato
Is it because I am using a controller or is building just a little fiddly? I remarked at the graphics looking bad a few pages back. Now I have it, it looks awesome!

Just the building I am struggling with. Only played an hour or so but just building a floor is a nightmare the tiles don't seem to snap very well.

Im not going to be playing with KB+M so don't suggest that haha. It is what it is, ill either put up with it or hope it gets improved.
It’s about where you aim the crosshair. If you aim it at the middle of the side face of where you want it to snap to then it should work. It gets tricker when you need to build up high then using the steep ladder/stairs can help elevate you to get closer.

Soldato
Downloaded it and given it a quick go.
Got so far as building a shelter and work bench bit not much else. Died a few times. I also can't get the remove part of building to work as I don't have a middle mouse button and setting block to another button still doesn't work with the build option.

What next?

Soldato
Downloaded it and given it a quick go.
Got so far as building a shelter and work bench bit not much else. Died a few times. I also can't get the remove part of building to work as I don't have a middle mouse button and setting block to another button still doesn't work with the build option.

What next?
Hit it with something is the alternative. (Also log the bug)

Associate
Flying along, well for me.

Have built a new base, well almost a mini town on the edge of the Black Forest. Ive done the 1st boss, im not scared of Trolls anymore... and have done a few of the Dungeons too.

Ive evolved to Bronze age gear, ive got a cart and built a couple of bridges around my base as im in and around the sea edge. My farm is up and running, im about to brew some meads and all in all, its a slow cautious move through the Forest to get gear and run home.

I love how the land stays as you leave it, ive cleared loads of trees and now have nice clear view around my base, which makes night time viewing fun as you can see the eyes of the bad guys roaming around :D

Oh and the defense spikes are brilliant to harvest anything coming toward you. Often find a pile of bits and bobs around the skirt of my base thanks to them.

Im not the best builder but ive done alright, though im always thinking of remodelling.. however the roughness adds a bit of character to it all. Im only one man after all!

Soldato
Flying along, well for me.

Have built a new base, well almost a mini town on the edge of the Black Forest. Ive done the 1st boss, im not scared of Trolls anymore... and have done a few of the Dungeons too.

Ive evolved to Bronze age gear, ive got a cart and built a couple of bridges around my base as im in and around the sea edge. My farm is up and running, im about to brew some meads and all in all, its a slow cautious move through the Forest to get gear and run home.

I love how the land stays as you leave it, ive cleared loads of trees and now have nice clear view around my base, which makes night time viewing fun as you can see the eyes of the bad guys roaming around :D

Oh and the defense spikes are brilliant to harvest anything coming toward you. Often find a pile of bits and bobs around the skirt of my base thanks to them.

Im not the best builder but ive done alright, though im always thinking of remodelling.. however the roughness adds a bit of character to it all. Im only one man after all!

If I was you...I'd tread lightly :)

Ours is on the edge of the Black Forest and we're still formulating a plan after failing to beat the 3rd boss bigtime last night. However we face constant troll attacks and I've replaced the spiked fencing with stone walls now, however this a VERY fiddly process as you have to keep moving the StoneCutter bench just so you can build in its build radius. Today I fought off 6x trolls that came 3 times in groups of two one after another. It's hard to enjoy the place when you know something can wreck it.

Other folks who live away from our village have also had their place attacked whilst offline and they've logged in to find devastation. We can't build a moat around our place either since it is already quite low lying and there is a lot of stone we can't mine.

Associate

Ours is on the edge of the Black Forest and we're still formulating a plan after failing to beat the 3rd boss bigtime last night. However we face constant troll attacks and I've replaced the spiked fencing with stone walls now, however this a VERY fiddly process as you have to keep moving the StoneCutter bench just so you can build in its build radius. Today I fought off 6x trolls that came 3 times in groups of two one after another. It's hard to enjoy the place when you know something can wreck it.

Other folks who live away from our village have also had their place attacked whilst offline and they've logged in to find devastation. We can't build a moat around our place either since it is already quite low lying and there is a lot of stone we can't mine.

Im right at the start of it, ive noticed 2 local trolls,I didnt realise the game ran when I was offline? Maybe its different on a solo?

Hopefully I can get into a server group sometime, ive tried the OCUK one but was alone for most of it :D So just went back to mine.

Soldato

Stone walls, spike fence and a trench will stop everything.

Im right at the start of it, ive noticed 2 local trolls,I didnt realise the game ran when I was offline? Maybe its different on a solo?

Hopefully I can get into a server group sometime, ive tried the OCUK one but was alone for most of it :D So just went back to mine.
It will keep running if someone is on the server.

Soldato
Stone walls, spike fence and a trench will stop everything.

It will keep running if someone is on the server.

The trench is the problem, ours has rock we can't dig into on one side sadly. We have single walls with ramparts, but I am thinking reinforcing them with another layer of walls.

The annoying thing is that your outposts you make can still have an invasion event ala 'the ground is shaking=trolls', or 'a foul smell from the swamp=skels/draugrs' tied to it weather a person is at the area or not. As you said, as long as someone is on the server any outpost/base can be attacked and ruined like what happened to my friends base. It is a tad unfair.

Soldato
Aye, I think it's sensible mechanic to not allow metal through. You could easily argue that portals shouldn't be in the game at all but I don't mind them.
I don't like repeating fairly bland grind, so not being able to teleport metal surely means you have not choice but to either walk fairly small quantities of stuff back and fourth over land? It also means repeating/duplicating of building smelting works etc in multiple locations?

I'm faily new to the game so maybe I'm overlooking something... What would being able to teleport bronze break?

Man of Honour
I don't like repeating fairly bland grind, so not being able to teleport metal surely means you have not choice but to either walk fairly small quantities of stuff back and fourth over land? It also means repeating/duplicating of building smelting works etc in multiple locations?

I'm faily new to the game so maybe I'm overlooking something... What would being able to teleport bronze break?

You could use a ship to transport it, or even a cart. Even the cart can carry a few hundred ore

Man of Honour
So after years and years of survival games and the general sentiment being that it's a dead and over-saturated format, what makes this one in particular so special?

I'd say mainly that its cheap and its done very well. Not surprising as its from the publishers of the superb Satisfactory. This isnt quite Subnautica levels yet (though it does highlight even more how much I wish Subnautica had been co-op too) but its a very good foundation to reach Subnautica levels of goodness :)

Soldato
I just cant beat the first boss. Using the flint knife, wooden shield and got the armor, fully rested and fed. My health just drops and i cant eat yet.

Back
Top Bottom