BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
On the way to get the 330e scanned tonight and the check engine light went out. The scan revealed nothing serious I don't think but related to fuel mixture (can't remember exactly) but will monitor it.

Had a bit of fun with an f11 535d on the way home too, was surprised it could pull away from the 535d in certain situations and out of corners.

Soldato
Haven't had any issues with mine apart from the injectors that needed changing. Have the 35i so probably not relevant to what you are looking at. Overall a nice car. iDrive is a little dated now, but still works as expected and much better than anything else from that era.
Tbh his current car is an mgb and an mg3 so any idrive will be futuristic :D. I have an e92 license, so I assume it would be the same Idrive as that?

Soldato
Got a couple of minor irritations i hope someone knows how to fix. Recently my phone (S10) has started running Samsung Music every time i get in the car. I can't figure out a way to fix it, i have made sure audio is unticked on the Bluetooth connection so not sure why it's doing it. Second thing is recommended destination, i don't want a notification every time i start my car. Can i disable it?

maj

maj

Soldato
Got an E92 320d and looks like my driver side rear side light isn't working. I've managed to get the bulb holder out to have a look but none of the bulbs seemed to line up with that part of the light. I've read that these are actually LED and a new light unit will be required. Is that true?

Right
rKURj6z.jpg

Working left
ZK95dhv.jpg

Soldato
Got an E92 320d and looks like my driver side rear side light isn't working. I've managed to get the bulb holder out to have a look but none of the bulbs seemed to line up with that part of the light. I've read that these are actually LED and a new light unit will be required. Is that true?

Right
rKURj6z.jpg

Working left
ZK95dhv.jpg

Give it a small tap with your hand and see if it turns on. ;)

Associate
Some **** keyed my car last night or this morning, rear wing and both doors on driver's side. I don't know if I'm more annoyed about the expense (not sure if I'll go via insurance or not) or the degenerate behaviour of someone to do this :mad::mad:. Also gives me another reason to move somewhere with off-street parking. Car is less than two years old (a few months of dirt makes it look older) and at least any blemishes were explainable/my fault.

Got an appointment with the BMW body shop for Monday as they're just around the corner.

Any bodyshop recommendations in south London?

Not awesome pics, was in a hurry. Deapest is the rear wing.
keyed-1.png

keyed-2.png

keyed-3.png

Soldato
Some **** keyed my car last night or this morning, rear wing and both doors on driver's side. I don't know if I'm more annoyed about the expense (not sure if I'll go via insurance or not) or the degenerate behaviour of someone to do this :mad::mad:. Also gives me another reason to move somewhere with off-street parking. Car is less than two years old (a few months of dirt makes it look older) and at least any blemishes were explainable/my fault.

Got an appointment with the BMW body shop for Monday as they're just around the corner.

Utter scumbags :(

Soldato
Jealous #####. Not happy with your lot? Do something about it, make a positive change. Or, damage some poor sod’s car. Way to go, big man :rolleyes:

I hardly park ‘my’ car anywhere these days, due to such muppets and door dingers. Handy to have use of another car for such purposes.

Soldato
Can anyone remember the name of that BMW dealership up in Scotland that sells parts at much better prices than anyone else?

I need some all weather mats for the MINI and wanted to ask them for a quote. I'm pretty sure @mrk knows who I'm talking about.

Soldato
Ditto on that ... someone keyed the wife's 4 series convertible a while back. Is this a BMW thing?

Nope, somebody keyed my sons Golf GTi a few weeks back. Never understood and still don’t why somebody would feel the need to do this.

I’ve had 2 of my previous cars keyed, the first was my Renault 19 16v Chamade, the other a Vectra CDX. The Vectra was only a few weeks old.

Caporegime
Soldato
My car is whinging about low battery, start car etc due to lack of use. Got a charger from Aldi, connected it up to the posts under the bonnet, the charger reports 12.1v but after leaving it overnight it now show charged but the voltage is only 12.4v.

Is 12.4v correct? In the old school days I’d expect it to go too out much higher.

Caporegime
My car is whinging about low battery, start car etc due to lack of use. Got a charger from Aldi, connected it up to the posts under the bonnet, the charger reports 12.1v but after leaving it overnight it now show charged but the voltage is only 12.4v.

Is 12.4v correct? In the old school days I’d expect it to go too out much higher.

12.4 is standard.

Back
Top Bottom