Energy Suppliers

Soldato
Could someone send me a Bulb referral?

marvt74 @ hotmail.com

Cheers :)

Still annoying that my bills seem to be going from £90/mth up to £116/mth.

Damn energy price increases!

EDIT - Also seems a few chancers have set up websites offering to give you half of their referral bonus to use their link

https://www.switchrewards.co.uk/

That's actually quite tempting. Even if they don't cough up i've not really "lost" anything.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Could someone send me a Bulb referral?

marvt74 @ hotmail.com

Cheers :)

Still annoying that my bills seem to be going from £90/mth up to £116/mth.

Damn energy price increases!

EDIT - Also seems a few chancers have set up websites offering to give you half of their referral bonus to use their link

https://www.switchrewards.co.uk/

That's actually quite tempting. Even if they don't cough up i've not really "lost" anything.

Will send now mate.

Caporegime
Bulb was about the best for me. Helped by the fact there's no exit fees so it gives me the option to jump ship if prices start to come down.

It's crazy how much difference the price is based on location between providers.

I checked parents and mates and yeah outfox the market cheapest for them too but they live nearby.

It's all based on post code and bulb have never came up for me.

EDF then outfox, then people's then outfox have been my supplier based on the cheapest option every year. So outfox has been cheapest option 2 times out of 4 years so far.

If you haven't already sign up for money saving energy club it will email you as soon as they find a cheaper provider than your current deal.

So I get an email whenever there is a cheaper option out there and switch if there are no exit fees.

Associate
Can anyone give me some advice, I think we're paying too much for Gas/Electric, 4 bedroom house.

From the most recent bill, today.

Electric (EDF Energy) has come to £210 for the period of the last 63 days, usage 985 kWh, 17.02p per kWh and standing charge at 26.85p per day.

Gas (British Gas) has come to £197 for the period of the last 73 days, usage 5338 kWh, 3.115p per kWh and standing charge at 29.195p per day.

Should I consider moving? What suppliers are recommended? Is the price reasonable or too high? Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone give me some advice, I think we're paying too much for Gas/Electric, 4 bedroom house.

From the most recent bill, today, Electric (EDF Energy) has come to £210 for the period of the last 63 days, usage 985 kWh, Gas (British Gas) has come to £197 for the period of the last 73 days, usage 5338 kWh.

Should I consider moving? What suppliers are recommended? Is the price reasonable or too high? Thanks

What are your unit prices? unit price + standing charge rates.

What is your yearly usage on both? have you put them into a calculator to work out your cheapest tariffs?

Prices vary by region and things, so one size does not fit all. Some tariffs are better if you are a heavy electric user, some are better if you use gas more.

Soldato

From the most recent bill, today.

Electric (EDF Energy) has come to £210 for the period of the last 63 days, usage 985 kWh, 17.02p per kWh and standing charge at 26.85p per day.

Gas (British Gas) has come to £197 for the period of the last 73 days, usage 5338 kWh, 3.115p per kWh and standing charge at 29.195p per day.

Agree with @ChrisD. put your details into a calculator and find out.

My unit rates are less than your across the board, but I can't get a new deal quite as good as mine, but I've definitely seen cheaper than yours.

You should put both with same provider, you get a (small) dual fuel discount usually, but check you aren't paying high exit fees to leave the current ones.

Makes it easier to manage having both with the same one as well.

Best you can do is try and pay as little as you can for the units and standing charges. Not like you aren't going to heat the house, or use that TV or w/e, so may as well as minimise your costs.

Commissario
Any of you have experience with Avro Energy? They're currently coming up cheapest on MSE Energy Club for me but I've not heard much about them.

Soldato
On Avro, seem OK, harder to contact than the big ones though when I needed to, but don't really need to contact them very often.
I was with them for 3 years until I got a better offer, very much so a no frills company but they do what they are supposed to and billing was not a problem as long as you give regular readings.

Transfering to a new supplier was also very smooth.

Back
Top Bottom