What retro things have you done today?

Associate
@Chris that's awesome! What Pi you running? Is it running munt on it? How does it run? Also can you run other synths on it? I'd love to do something like this even though I own a MT-32 already!

@cee-S-dee, im using a Raspberry Pi 4 and it's just running the MT-32 Pi project files with no OS underneath it. According to the project it has General MIDI, Roland GS and Yamaha XG support, im currently only using the MT-32 / CM-32L support as I have a SC88-VL for the others.

It's not that difficult as it's all through hole soldering and all of the parts are readily available

Chris

Soldato
@cee-S-dee, im using a Raspberry Pi 4 and it's just running the MT-32 Pi project files with no OS underneath it. According to the project it has General MIDI, Roland GS and Yamaha XG support, im currently only using the MT-32 / CM-32L support as I have a SC88-VL for the others.

It's not that difficult as it's all through hole soldering and all of the parts are readily available

Chris

That's pretty tempting considering my pi is currently unused and mounted to my desk waiting for a project!

rmnjlckh.jpg

Associate
The Asus Geforce 4 Ti4400 cleaned up really nicely. Interesting pufferfish design!

7nHPJy0l.jpg
Bgna1hpl

Soldato
I could have sent a Firepro v4900 if I’d have known you needed a GPU.
No worries mate the board is generous enough! I have an ati 5450 to get me by,no rush!

My original 8800GTS is in my workmates kids PC so I am trying to see if they are done with it. Be funny if I get that back I will be using the same case it was in originally too.

Associate
I used to have a BFG 8800GTS, bought around the time I built a Q6600-based system in 2007. Great card, was very happy with it. Typically though it died a few days after BFG went bust!

Back
Top Bottom