Coca Cola : "Be less white"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Has anyone seen this story that's been brewing the the past few days?

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-...ng-plan-was-about-workplace-inclusion-1570875

https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1362774562769879044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWfS0SmNqw

Essentially Coca Cola ran an employee online training course thing about confronting racism etc; Nothing out of the ordinary for 2021 - typical box-ticking corporate woke stuff.
But rather astonishingly the presentation featured undeniably racist statements such as "to be less white is to be less arrogant", ending with a slide "Try to be less white"

Does anyone else think it's incredibly concerning that there are (clearly multiple as it must have been signed off) people working in the depths of HR in large companies such as this, that harbour such radically extremist views that they think this is completely ok?

Soldato
Up there with the KPMG debacle last week.

It is well founded a more diverse team leads to better and more diverse ideas but this isn't a very good way of achieving it.

Watched Late Night Show or w/e it's called on Netflix and it is a similar implementation of this.

Soldato
Just imagine if it was "be less black". Wouldn't the fallout be fun?
You're making a totally irrelevant point and it's a shame you can't see that for yourself. I expect the brigade of 'all lives matter' to not be far behind. White people hold the majority of all benefits globally so don't be so insecure that those you've trampled on to get to your position are now asking for a level playing field.

Soldato
Does anyone else think it's incredibly concerning that there are (clearly multiple as it must have been signed off) people working in the depths of HR in large companies such as this, that harbour such radically extremist views that they think this is completely ok?
Yes, but at this point it's just waves on the beach. Years and years of this has lead people to not speaking up against it, and in 10 years this might be the norm with no one evening noticing.

Caporegime
You're making a totally irrelevant point and it's a shame you can't see that for yourself. I expect the brigade of 'all lives matter' to not be far behind. White people hold the majority of all benefits globally so don't be so insecure that those you've trampled on to get to your position are now asking for a level playing field.

Oh, I've trampled on people? Gosh I wish I knew, I would have made sure to step in some dog crap before I walked all over those wips, zips, woops and goons. Really make them know their position relative to me.

Sorry folks, the only way you can get ahead in life is if whitey let's you. Because you're so weak and feeble and us whites so superior, we've got to make allowances for you.

Caporegime
I mean, it is basically your last paragraph. Except 'we' made them weak through systematic oppression over generations, that frankly up until our parents or even our own generation was still going on. Now we've raped their home lands of anything valuable and instilled the powers we need to keep them in check we are getting called on how charitable we really are.

Weird, since the largest mineral, gold and diamond producing countries are...where exactly?

Soldato
Whiteness is now seen by some as a problem that has to be solved.

My wife was part of a teaching course recently and had to answer some questions about diversity etc. When she revealed she had no BAME friends in her social circle it was looked down on and it was suggested she might want to reach out and make some.

A wise man once said judge people on the content of their character not the colour of their skin. But when it comes to making friends pick the skin colour first seems like the advice given. We live in a predominantly white area the opportunity to make BAME friends is limited for her.

I’m hoping this is all a passing fad but I don’t know. Imagine being 5 or 6 years old and instead of being told you are all equal you are told that too much whiteness equates to a problem. Reverse racism is still racism, let people be.

Man of Honour
Nice to see the woke culture apologists making such brilliant contributions as usual.

It's obviously an issue IMO. I genuinely want to understand why people who have proved they are more than capable of reason could possibly be OK with this sort of thing.

Caporegime
Nice to see the woke culture apologists making such brilliant contributions as usual.

It's obviously an issue IMO. I genuinely want to understand why people who have proved they are more than capable of reason could possibly be OK with this sort of thing.
What's the separation between your Don status on this forum and providing personal opinions on this forum? It's an unfair question and not aimed at you specifically but is there a SOP in terms of what you can or can't say/be involved in etc re: forum content? Massively off topic so apologies for that :)

Man of Honour
What's the separation between your Don status on this forum and providing personal opinions on this forum? It's an unfair question and not aimed at you specifically but is there a SOP in terms of what you can or can't say/be involved in etc re: forum content? Massively off topic so apologies for that :)

My "status" matters not one jot. It's interesting that you seem to want to weaponise it though.

Man of Honour
Yes, but at this point it's just waves on the beach. Years and years of this has lead people to not speaking up against it, and in 10 years this might be the norm with no one evening noticing.

The article in the OP literally states they are facing mounting backlash about this, it's a myth that people don't speak out against this sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom