Coca Cola : "Be less white"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Has anyone seen this story that's been brewing the the past few days?

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-...ng-plan-was-about-workplace-inclusion-1570875

https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1362774562769879044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWfS0SmNqw

Essentially Coca Cola ran an employee online training course thing about confronting racism etc; Nothing out of the ordinary for 2021 - typical box-ticking corporate woke stuff.
But rather astonishingly the presentation featured undeniably racist statements such as "to be less white is to be less arrogant", ending with a slide "Try to be less white"

Does anyone else think it's incredibly concerning that there are (clearly multiple as it must have been signed off) people working in the depths of HR in large companies such as this, that harbour such radically extremist views that they think this is completely ok?

It's poor wording, but it's not incredibly concerning.

I'd say whoever wrote, and signed that off, would benefit from some coaching, and that's about it.

Most people have bigger problems than worrying about a company's internal training documentation, however poorly worded.

Soldato
It's almost like that was the point...

Oh I’m sorry, I thought your point was that “seemingly every time black people get oppressed they”...”burn down businesses and private property”.

I didn’t realise it was meta racism designed to satirise the topic at hand. How convenient.

Soldato
Oh I’m sorry, I thought your point was that “seemingly every time black people get oppressed they”...”burn down businesses and private property”.

I didn’t realise it was meta racism designed to satirise the topic at hand. How convenient.

As with everything, context is key. His words were sarcastic to drive home a point - I understood it in the context of the thread. Just say sorry in a sincere manner and move on.

Soldato
As with everything, context is key. His words were sarcastic to drive home a point - I understood it in the context of the thread. Just say sorry in a sincere manner and move on.

That excuse wore thin with 30 years ago with Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson.

Soldato
That excuse wore thin with 30 years ago with Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson.
You’re looking like one of those people who takes everything far too seriously and always kills a conversation. Why are you so dead certain he’s being an evil nasty racist rather than making a point which has been spoon fed to you so you can understand? Are you doubling down because you’re too proud to admit you misread/misunderstood?

On topic: anyone who finds coca colas choice here defensible needs their head looking at. You don’t fight racism with racism. It’s short sighted and naive. MLK had the right answer people just don’t want to listen.

Soldato
You’re looking like one of those people who takes everything far too seriously and always kills a conversation. Why are you so dead certain he’s being an evil nasty racist rather than making a point which has been spoon fed to you so you can understand? Are you doubling down because you’re too proud to admit you misread?

Whatever. Enjoy your little meta racist ****fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom