Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Hi,

Can anyone give me a bit of advice on buying a Xbox please?

My daughters Xbox One S console has stopped working and I wanted to buy he a new one once stock is back.

However the LCD TV she has the Xbox plugged into (via HDMI) is old (2005). Its an LG 37LP1D LCD and I think its only 720p? The sound output is excellent and the picture isn't that bad to be honest.

She doesn't want a new TV and the Xbox must have a disc drive for her disc based games, so it leaves me in a bit of a dilemma;

I can afford the old Xbox One S or the new Xbox series X. With this TV the Xbox one S makes sense, but it seems silly to buy into old now. The New series X is more future proof, but it's a waste with this TV.

I don't know the HDMI version of the TV and was worried that the series X wont work / display an image?

Q. Do you know If the series X will work with this TV, regardless of the series X not being used to its potential, I just want it to be able to play her games?

Thank you

Mark

Soldato
Are you able to get a cheap One S (or even a One X) and wait for the XSX to become more readily available later in the year? If I am honest I've no idea what the second hand prices of a One S are like but if you can get one cheap enough then you could always use it as a UHD Blu-ray player elsewhere when you manage to get a XSX.

Associate
So I never knew this.

I have two series x, one in the lounge and one in my bedroom. I have one disc verson of valhalla. I used the xbox app to dowload valhalla to the xbox upstairs without having to install from disc. Left the disc copy in the downstairs xbox, went upstairs and valhalla is playing without the need for the disc.

I guess it is because both consoles only have my profile and it knows the disc is inserted downstairs?

Soldato
I’ve got a new tv. Just turned my Xbox on and it’s signed me out and just keeps failing when I try and sign in.

Tried powering it off and on again with no luck. Anyone else had anything like this?

Edit. Seems like there’s service issues. It’s annoying as I can’t play anything!

Soldato
Ok....this is naughty.... I was always under the assumption if you don’t have a gold sub any old Xbox 360 games run without gold........

but I’ve tried to play old games with ms down and it won’t play them..... that’s a BIG fk up.... and these are games I have on the drive.

So basically, if you can’t sign in.... you can’t get the free games.....

which means if ms cancel the online sign in.. even if you have the games on your hard drive.... you can’t play them.

that’s a huge implication

Last edited:
Associate
Are you able to get a cheap One S (or even a One X) and wait for the XSX to become more readily available later in the year? If I am honest I've no idea what the second hand prices of a One S are like but if you can get one cheap enough then you could always use it as a UHD Blu-ray player elsewhere when you manage to get a XSX.

I've had a look but stock on that has also been limited, I'd prefer to buy new rather than second hand, so that limits my options a bit. It is a good idea that you mention, but my daughter isn't too worried about when she gets the console as she realises they are hard to get.

Crazy though isn't it as its really hard you find stock!

Back
Top Bottom