Valheim

Soldato
How do you all decide where to build your main house.
Plus it's there any way to build more storage other than using multiple chests, I always forget what's in each.
Shame the workbench can't use materials out of the chests as well.

Mine's in the meadows but I have a few smaller places near to copper veins and dungeons, etc.
I think you get bigger chests later on (iron age maybe?!) but you can add a sign to chests to try and organise them a bit better - don't forget you can create a stack of 50 wood and 50 stones to keep them outside, just make sure you cover the wood.

Associate
Little things are starting to niggle now. The fog. What's the point other than to irritate? I get the benefit of the rain, birds land. The night makes certain plants stand out more. But the fog? No point at all that I can see and it lasts waay
Mine's in the meadows but I have a few smaller places near to copper veins and dungeons, etc.
I think you get bigger chests later on (iron age maybe?!) but you can add a sign to chests to try and organise them a bit better - don't forget you can create a stack of 50 wood and 50 stones to keep them outside, just make sure you cover the wood.

Didnt know that about wood and stone, thought the option was just a decoration :D

Now ive a new project... wood and stone shed.

As for multiple boxes, you can put signs up next to them, but you have to have a nice layout to do it with the space.

Soldato
How do you all decide where to build your main house.
Plus it's there any way to build more storage other than using multiple chests, I always forget what's in each.
Shame the workbench can't use materials out of the chests as well.

Multiplayer world I run on we created a storeroom with signs above the chests about what's in, simple but effective for where people can group store materials and you can quickly grab them out without searching.

Soldato
anyone renting a server for valheim and if so who from?

When i host locally with 4-5 people on around the base it tanks the fps from 90 to 40, so im considering renting a server for a month to see how it goes

Soldato
OP
anyone renting a server for valheim and if so who from?

When i host locally with 4-5 people on around the base it tanks the fps from 90 to 40, so im considering renting a server for a month to see how it goes

Yes, we do.

We started off with https://nodecraft.com/ which has a superb front end but we quickly found their initial recommendation of 3gb not sufficient. Then the costs starting to become a bit too high. Have just moved to https://www.gtxgaming.co.uk/valheim-server-hosting/ and have just got our world moved over the the server up and running. Testing tonight. UI not as nice, but much better value and has a couple of modding tools already built in...so at the click of a button you can enable the dll fix for better up/down speeds as mentioned in this thread a few times.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Another vote for GTX here. Used them for years on and off for various games. Valheim server has been problem-free since the day I set it up. My only gripe is they are slow to inform on game updates but can't grumble at the service really.

Soldato
The guys im playing with have a server with gtx gaming as well.
Another vote for GTX here. Used them for years on and off for various games. Valheim server has been problem-free since the day I set it up. My only gripe is they are slow to inform on game updates but can't grumble at the service really.
]

Cheers lads any idea how much ram your servers are running with?

Soldato
So this is what this game has done to me. I’ve just got back from town and on the way up there I was walking past some trees where one had a branch that had fallen off and was on the floor. I thought to myself “if I just press E I can get a bit of wood”. Bloody game.
I do that every day man! There's a marsh near me with large stone blocks and spooky trees...

Soldato
Why do you need to cover the wood.

Also any tips on building a fire indoors and not getting killed by smoke.
I think it degrades and needs repairing - haven't tested it though.

You need a space for the smoke to escape - better off googling it and looking at images.
Tested it tonight, if there's a roof over the object it stops degrading. It has to be a roof component though not a floor tile.

Soldato
Had some weird artifacting going on with Vulkan API enabled, switched back to DX12 and its fine again. Did gain some fps but can't deal with the weird graphical glitches.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
]

Cheers lads any idea how much ram your servers are running with?
I went with the default option which is up to 5GB, hasn't skipped a beat so far though we haven't gone overboard with stuff. I also have it set to backup and restart daily which may help with things.

Back
Top Bottom