Superman reboot (again)

Permabanned
Not sure they could go with a woman as they have Supergirl already so Black, Trans and non Christian is all he needs to be today,

Soldato
OP
Micheal B Jordan to be the lead?

I was a little disappointed when I heard the news as I like Cavill but I believe Micheal has gone on record in the past saying he would only be interested in playing Superman if it's wasn't Clark Kent. Not interested in a simple race swap.

Soooo Multiverse? That's good new to me if it means Cavill is still able to play Sups.

Associate
I thought Cavill nailed the role (even considering the justice league butchering).

I can't see this reboot going well :rolleyes:

I agree, I really liked Man of steel, haven't really seen the other films with Cavill though.

Thinking a man of steel 2 will do well.

If they do cast a black superman, I nominate Eddie Murphy

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They really need to stop with both this and Batman, at the rate its going theres going to be a dozen different people who have played Batman and Superman, its getting daft.

Soldato
Christopher Reeve, Clark Kent, Kal-El, Henry Cavell, etc, all portray a Superman that is now iconic. We're at the point that anything else is not Superman. Same as Peter Parker is Spiderman. Bruce Wayne is Batman. Diana Prince is Wonder Woman. Tony Stark is Iron Man. Logan is Wolverine. Barry Allen is the Flash. Hal Jordan is Green Lantern. All the others are just spin-off variants that no one is that interested in.

JJ Abrams using it as a platform for his politics is just going to be yet another one of his big messes that wrecks a franchise and an IP. Is he going to shrink Superman on the poster for China (as he did with Finn for Star Wars), or will Warner Bros cover up his face for the China poster (as Disney did for Black Panther)?

Last edited:
Soldato
What's really annoying, isn't the fact they should have a black superbeing, or a woman, lesbian, gay, fluid, trans, queer, questioning, multi gender.....but time and time again those with disabilities get forgotten about.

If we're to go down the fully inclusive route, then perhaps we need a super hero with a disability.

I fear this is all about money, and maybe standing on the back of chadwich boseman to get it.

Don
All the others are just spin-off variants that no one is that interested in.
Indeed - I really struggled with the Miles Morales Spiderman game. Even though it was a great game, it wasn't a character I cared about, as it wasn't *my* Spiderman.

If we're to go down the fully inclusive route, then perhaps we need a super hero with a disability.
Daredevil, Professor X, the winter soldier?

(Although equally that raises the question what makes it ok for able bodied actors to play disabled roles - when it's no longer ok for white actors to play black roles etc)

Back
Top Bottom