*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Associate
Weber go anywhere handy piece of kit when i was traveling round Cornwall.
I grilled the venison burgers along with the courgettes seasoned with rosemary, wild garlic and chives, as well as stuffed chorizo hasselback potatoes, garlic butter mushrooms, and chorizo and Somerset cider gravy.
w7u6yygh.jpg
LIdp77Yl.jpg V7SZTUph.jpg vaKLmUml.jpg

Soldato
Homemade nachos with pico de rado and grilled pineapple salsa
1f34d.png
This looks so good

bJN

bJN

Soldato
sorry in reply to my last, if not, how much coal management is required for a charcoal bbq to say do a brisket?
With my Weber everytime I've done a brisket (one was 8 hours too) I've just used the "snake" method. Set it up at the start and not needed to touch it again throughout the entire cook. So to answer - none! Takes a bit of practice to find the sweet spot of ventilation position though, I seem to have my vents closed in quite a bit more than some videos I've seen of the same model, I just might have more of a draught around the rim possibly.

Soldato
I hope everyone this planning their turkey smoke for Christmas?! I’ve done mine for several years like this and it works brilliantly. Frees up the oven for all the veg, allows you to monitor internal temperature so it’s doesn’t go dry and you can escape the in laws by “tending the fire”!

Soldato
I hope everyone this planning their turkey smoke for Christmas?! I’ve done mine for several years like this and it works brilliantly. Frees up the oven for all the veg, allows you to monitor internal temperature so it’s doesn’t go dry and you can escape the in laws by “tending the fire”!

You know I was thinking about this just earlier :) However, I have no shelter for my weber smokey mountain.

What time is average per lb/kg? That's my only concern :)

Soldato
sorry in reply to my last, if not, how much coal management is required for a charcoal bbq to say do a brisket?

Very little on my WSM. I just fill the basket then dump a few lit ones in the middle and let it do it's thing. It's generally very stable with the vents only open a fraction.

Soldato
Fresh bump tis the season.

Smoker on today for pulled pork. Post lockdown smoked turkey (currently frozen) to look forward to :)

Snap! I've been using the kettle a lot recently, but haven't fired up the smoker since before Christmas as it's just been too miserable at the weekends for a longer cook. I had a pork butt and a couple racks of ribs in the freezer so made the most of the good weather yesterday to get them cooked.

VmLSw2vh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom