Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
Got it, very good it is :D

757C3723-49EE-4EB0-BE24-D73DA8B7C541.jpeg

So glad got it in white in the flesh it looks amazing and so bright!

Running it the best way to my knowledge and had its first tank of Vpower, seems fantastic on fuel consumption but at same time not ragged it.

OcUK Staff
very nice (and Jealous) Gibbo

EDIT/

Theres 1 car missing from your photo, wheres the BMW ? :D

Two cars ;)
One is broken in the garage so not hard to guess which one as it’s living up to the reputation and the other gets delivered end of next week. :D

Rear workshop is finished so third garage to be built soon to house the new American classic.

...but I am worried by the bloke apparently nicking the Aston

Yep proper dodgy person, always taking the keys to the cars lol. :D

Underboss
Two cars ;)
One is broken in the garage so not hard to guess which one as it’s living up to the reputation and the other gets delivered end of next week. :D

Rear workshop is finished so third garage to be built soon to house the new American classic.

Yep proper dodgy person, always taking the keys to the cars lol. :D

wait what !

another mustang ?

is it the 1966 one ?

OcUK Staff
just need an off roader now to complete the set lol

Ford Raptor, the proper one be nice, or just follow the rest of the crowd with an RR SVR, am sure I will get one but maybe give it another ten years, I've not grown up at all when it comes to cars.

Just took it out again, for a quick night drive and to see my Mum, drove it in sport mode, it does not hang out the back end, but it feels different from track for sure, more natural feeling. What gets me the most is it feels so well put together, not like any other kind of hot hatch I've driven, it feels solid to drive, though its not as the doors close with a tinny pop sound, no German solid thud, but the car has weight reduction ethos about it, but to drive it reminds me of my 911 in that it all feels solid but the Toyota hopefully comes with no engine issues unlike the Porsches from the era mine was, though mine never missed a beat.

wait what !

another mustang ?

is it the 1966 one ?

I did see this, but I my idea of a classic is one that is also nice to drive and out of all the old stuff, one car drives vastly superior to other cars from the same era, to the point its quite nice to drive and handles somewhat OK, but for me it was also about the looks and I really wanted a black 1980 or newer C3 Corvette, then my timing was good and I manage to get myself a limited edition 1978 Pace Car with low miles, cannot wait, but will be a dry/summer only car and I shall enjoy it been tax free as my yearly road tax bill is shocking, I'd certainly vote for a pay by mile scheme lol.

Don
The C3 Corvette is my all-time favourite car. They are just so beautiful inside and out.
Would need to be a pre-'70 though so it has sensible power rather than the 180bhp the later cars produced.

I think if I could only have 1 car for the rest of my life it would be a '68 427 convertible with slash-cut, side-exit pipes.

Back in 1999 I put a deposit on a '70 454 but had to back out of the deal when I got diagnosed with my medical condition (at the time we didn't know whether I would be able to drive at all).

Associate
Got it, very good it is :D

So glad got it in white in the flesh it looks amazing and so bright!

Running it the best way to my knowledge and had its first tank of Vpower, seems fantastic on fuel consumption but at same time not ragged it.

Looks fun :), do you have to do any kind of running in?

OcUK Staff
The C3 Corvette is my all-time favourite car. They are just so beautiful inside and out.
Would need to be a pre-'70 though so it has sensible power rather than the 180bhp the later cars produced.

I think if I could only have 1 car for the rest of my life it would be a '68 427 convertible with slash-cut, side-exit pipes.

Back in 1999 I put a deposit on a '70 454 but had to back out of the deal when I got diagnosed with my medical condition (at the time we didn't know whether I would be able to drive at all).

Is power really so important though? A 40-50yr car is not the kind of thing your gonna be throwing down the back lanes, its more a cruiser. So 180 or 480HP not sure it really matters in a classic unless your building a drag car.
Mine has 220HP, but it has a full catless exhaust so could have more and the L82 will supposedly hit around 300-350HP with some bolt-ons I believe if power is something.

I just prefer looks of the later C3's hence wanting an 80+, plus the later cars were around 100-200kg lighter, which offsets power somewhat, I went 1978 because it was a pace car so whereas it gains some horsepower from the newer cars it does weigh 50-100kg more I think, but for me its not about going fast or big burn outs, just want the C3 for its looks, sound and that ability to drive around sedately. :)

OcUK Staff

Or buy newer car and drop one of these in or even stroke it out to 400Ci and you have your 6.6l near 500HP ;)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bp38313ctc1d

Associate
New arrival to replace the Noble :) Still have the Noble at the moment (getting a gearbox rebuild currently) but will push to move it on once I get it back.

Had to be red for box ticking purposes and the Manual was a non-negotiable. Such a theatrical experience to drive, really happy with it.

QQpBaG3.jpg

m0jn7xm.jpg

Edit: Jesus, huge images, no idea how to change with imgur...

Back
Top Bottom