Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Caporegime
I would be surprised if a lot of Virgin Media customers that live in areas covered by Cityfibre are even aware that alternatives exist, as there's not really much of a marketing drive and none of these altnets pay for listings on the rubbish price comparison sites. Don't forget that there are still people who pay for linear TV channels that aren't just sports, and there aren't really any comparable TV offerings from the new fibre providers.

Caporegime
I would be surprised if a lot of Virgin Media customers that live in areas covered by Cityfibre are even aware that alternatives exist, as there's not really much of a marketing drive and none of these altnets pay for listings on the rubbish price comparison sites. Don't forget that there are still people who pay for linear TV channels that aren't just sports, and there aren't really any comparable TV offerings from the new fibre providers.

That's pretty much what my response was going to be. The vast majority of broadband customers don't care about headline speeds either so as long as the numbers on their lower-level packages are solid they can leave Gig1 where it is. Looking at their previous practices I wouldn't be surprised if they increased the cost of it.

Soldato
ont.jpg

gigafast.jpg

kelly comms guys took 1 hour and fitted the 30m cable round to the back of the house to the room and position i wanted.
used barcode scanner on my phone to connect to the wifi. nothing optimised or faffed with so straight out of the box. looking forwards to see how it is when wired. kiddo doing home learning so will faff with it later.
big middle finger to virgin.

Soldato
Virgin finally installed my BB/phone package today, been waiting since November, bad thing was after he left, I had a knock on the door by other Virgin engineers and they said he had not done the outside correctly, what he did was leave a little loop in the cable where it goes underneath the pavement to the front of the house, so people could technically trip over it at the fence side on the pavement, he also left the cable not tacked from pavement to inside of the fence on one end , so they did that for me, took them ten minutes.

Speeds are fine and I have it in modem mode with my TP Link VR900.

Shame it is the SH3 and not Superhub 4, but the Virgin guy said they are only giving that to 1GB users or if you pay for the upgrade.

:)

Associate
just in case any it helps anyone, these are the retentions deals I just got offered after a call back from them:

100mbit = £21
100mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £23
200mbit = £27
200mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £29
350mbit = £33
350mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £35

Back
Top Bottom