• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
You will get banned from the rewards program though if you make it obvious, i got greedy and used a Raspberry Pi and a script to do the Bing searches to earn points.

I've had my Series X since then last few days of December and made a new account and been using ABS chrome extension to do my searches fine.

Points rack up really quickly when you do the quests and daily/weekly stuff.

emRPpVh.png

That's in 2 and a bit months.

Soldato
I've had my Series X since then last few days of December and made a new account and been using ABS chrome extension to do my searches fine.

Points rack up really quickly when you do the quests and daily/weekly stuff.

emRPpVh.png

That's in 2 and a bit months.

Wow. Since December! Well, I guess all of the stories about people getting banned are made up guff then :p

I might give it a go on secondary accounts though. No real loss if they get banned (as long as I don't get flagged for having multiple accounts).

Last edited:
Soldato
Been doing the reward points for around I guess about 16 months. Im not even a heavy gamer, I make sure to do the daily points set, you soon rack them up and occasionally MS do some great easy methods of getting points.

Screenshot-2021-03-04-at-11-26-41.png

I used to put the points towards xbox store gift cards, but I'm now using them primarily towards xbox gamepass ultimate sub.

Soldato
Wow. Since December! Well, I guess all of the stories about people getting banned are made up guff then :p

I might give it a go on secondary accounts though. No real loss if they get banned (as long as I don't get flagged for having multiple accounts).

I think the ones getting banned are using VPN's for multiple rewards from what i've read.

Last edited:
Associate
so following on from my previous notes i have 2 Series X's with All access turning up tomorrow. Klarna and Game have told me i need to refuse them to get refunded. Seems like they are coming in separate boxes as i've had two SMS/emails s with tracking etc.

I'm pretty p'd off with GAME and considering refusing both. I only ever really wanted the X and have another 10 months left on my GPU. I jumped at the all access deal as it was the only thing available and didn't do any cost comparison.

Just looking for some guidance. Is the "all access" worth going for if i plan to to GPU for the next few years anyway? I've kept my XBL tag since forever and no intention of changing it or doing these new email account jumping that some people do. Typically waited for XBL deals to come up and bought them for around £30/35/year but the GPU deals seem to be few and far between and almost not worth the wait.

So to the question. Refuse both, wait for an regular X and see if I can get some deals on GPU or just accept one of these and stick with the "all access"

Caporegime
OP
I bought a Series S on 23rd December. Started doing the rewards points on both the web and the console and I've almost amassed £50. Incredible if you ask me. By this time next year, I should have nearly half the cost of a Series X so it's well worth doing.

Associate
I'm a parent with full time childcare costs so I have to go pay monthly series S. But then my wife didn't return to work after baby 2, so we're down to one salary. Which means I'm strictly relegated to cheap Gameboy colour games that I can buy on eBay for 2p each hahaha

Soldato
well I've seen it with my own eyes

Perhaps it's the 1440p upscaling to 4k....either way, it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the X

I find it a mixed bag. The big problem is Series S running One S builds of most games. And even where games have been "optimised" for the new consoles, those optimisations often aren't extensive.

There are some notable exceptions. And the number of those will likely grow quickly as the year progresses and the development focus shifts to next gen consoles first, last gen second.

Man of Honour
Who told me the Series S was better than the One X lol :D

Just swapped them over, and the S is way worse. X has significantly better graphics. Mrs ain't happy tonight.

The GPU in the Series S is marginally more powerful than the One X, and the RAM, CPU, and storage are orders of magnitude faster. Those are just the facts.

Unfortunately the Series S runs old games in One S mode and not One X mode (due to the amount of RAM) so any games that had One X enhancements but no Series enhancements will look better on the One X.

What Series enhanced games are you playing that look better on the One X?

Caporegime
so following on from my previous notes i have 2 Series X's with All access turning up tomorrow. Klarna and Game have told me i need to refuse them to get refunded. Seems like they are coming in separate boxes as i've had two SMS/emails s with tracking etc.

I'm pretty p'd off with GAME and considering refusing both. I only ever really wanted the X and have another 10 months left on my GPU. I jumped at the all access deal as it was the only thing available and didn't do any cost comparison.

Just looking for some guidance. Is the "all access" worth going for if i plan to to GPU for the next few years anyway? I've kept my XBL tag since forever and no intention of changing it or doing these new email account jumping that some people do. Typically waited for XBL deals to come up and bought them for around £30/35/year but the GPU deals seem to be few and far between and almost not worth the wait.

So to the question. Refuse both, wait for an regular X and see if I can get some deals on GPU or just accept one of these and stick with the "all access"
Refuse both and just get one outright and then wait for some deals on GPU.

Back
Top Bottom