Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Can i make changes using the controller software, let those changes upload to the AP, shut down pc and have them saved to the AP.
Ie not having to keep the Software open on the PC 247?

Man of Honour
Can i make changes using the controller software, let those changes upload to the AP, shut down pc and have them saved to the AP.
Ie not having to keep the Software open on the PC 247?
Correct, you don't need the controller software open all of the time, only to make configuration changes, firmware updates etc.

Associate
Cool i might try this later then.
Whats the process here to do it, as I already created a wifi network in standalone but when plugged the Ethernet into laptop the controller software didn't see the AP to adopt it.

Do you need to have the AP plugged from the Injector to laptop (no lan), or can it be plugged into the network and then you take the Ethernet from there?
Either way i tried both above also hitting the reset button but it could not find it to adopt.

Associate
The Ap has a ip address from the asus router dhcp server 192.168.1.132 , this was the one given to it when it ran in standalone mode.
When i launch the controller software it cannot see the ap. It can see the wifi network but not the ap.

Caporegime
No, that's the DNS server you're using.

If you're using the classic settings in UniFi go to Devices, USG (assuming that's the device you have) and click the + next to WAN 1. For example:
gOy1DVm.png

If you're using the new settings then go to Settings -> Internet and it'll be displayed there.

rcmDn4K.png
Weird, it's showing the same IP in the Unifi settings but still no go.

Soldato
Morning all

I’m going to get the M350 broadband & phone only deal. I can’t seem to see if that deal is on offer via the topcashback website?

Is there any promo codes currently.....

Promo codes would invalidate your cash back offer as per the info on TCB/Quidco. I’d suggest having a look at Quidco/TCB, they generally list multiple combinations from broadband only upwards.

Soldato
The TV 360 service is now available for all customers, from what I've heard it's not really worth upgrading to?
The 360 is way, way better than the V6. The V6 menu feels like something from the 90's for me, very poor design. The 360 by comparison is not only more intuitive and better laid out but it is also much faster. The 360 also boots up in exactly half the time of the V6.

The killer feature for me though is the voice command; absolutely brilliant the way it works. I can say the name of the movie, which channel to go to or jump forward 20 mins etc and it is all done in quick time. Check out some examples on YouTube.

Man of Honour
The killer feature for me though is the voice command; absolutely brilliant the way it works. I can say the name of the movie, which channel to go to or jump forward 20 mins etc and it is all done in quick time. Check out some examples on YouTube.
They’ve caught up to Sky Q then?

Soldato
They’ve caught up to Sky Q then?
Definitely, at long last. I had SkyQ last year and the 360 is probably better in most ways other than the case design as it looks exactly the same as the V6 or the fetching SkyQ light on the front when it is recording.

Even the 360 remote is vastly improved. The V6 remote has too many buttons that basically have a duplicate function. The 360 by comparison is now sleek and paired down with just the essential keys that are needed. It even has backlit keys so that you can see them in the dark

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Definitely, at long last.
What's the image quality like, SD, HD and UHD? I read a few people complaining saying that HD at least is not as crisp as it is on Sky Q. More out of interest for me as I was considering taking their TV package however I'm moving to a FTTP house now so I have no need for VM broadband.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the "new" 360 box they're shipping is the exact same as the v6 box as for us it was just a software update, and a new remote sent out!

Its honestly such a huge improvement. It's like going from teletext to a firestick or something. Anyone who has v6 should definitely get the upgrade - I jumped onto live chat and asked them to upgrade. The first agent I spoke to had no idea it existed, and then tried to charge me £25 for it (which apparently is standard) but I pressed her and got through to someone more senior who did it for free.

Overall, a much more enjoyable experience. Can't comment on image quality vs Sky as never had Sky, but its perfectly good enough for my eyes

Caporegime
just in case any it helps anyone, these are the retentions deals I just got offered after a call back from them:

100mbit = £21
100mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £23
200mbit = £27
200mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £29
350mbit = £33
350mbit + sim (5GB data, unlimited texts and minutes) = £35

I didn't have to say a word the guy straight away after I cancelled got a call back and within 20 seconds of him looking on the system says £28 a month for 350MB.

I asked how long for he says 18 months I said sign me back up

Soldato
What's the image quality like, SD, HD and UHD? I read a few people complaining saying that HD at least is not as crisp as it is on Sky Q. More out of interest for me as I was considering taking their TV package however I'm moving to a FTTP house now so I have no need for VM broadband.
The quality looks excellent, just as good as SkyQ did, though without having both side by side displaying exactly the same content I can't give a definitive as to which is worse or better.

I'm pretty sure the "new" 360 box they're shipping is the exact same as the v6 box as for us it was just a software update, and a new remote sent out!
The hardware inside has definitely changed/improved as the on light is now slightly different - goes blue when in standby and my box boots up in 2mins instead of the 4min it took for the V6. Glad you are enjoying yours as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom