BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
BMW seem to be improving their OTA update service. Last one (07.2020) was really slow to roll out in terms of reaching all UK users. Seems that 11.2020 has just come out and been rolled out to a large number of UK customers.

Downloaded, installed and still the same old bugs... but M Laptimer app now built in, woooo.

Soldato
Chris Harris’ review hasn’t exactly got me clambering for one. Think I’ll skip the M3 and probably look towards the M5, once the depreciation has worked its magic some more.

I'm interested to see how they price the Touring - suspect it's going to be punitively expensive isn't it? I had my eye on an M340 Touring next after my M2Comp, but was going to wait see what they did with the touring due....next year I think?

Soldato
Well thats the end of the 6 month X3M ownership experience...I've had enough of it and the faults that its had, so we've come to an agreement to swap into the 840i Cabro that I've been lent whilst they look at X3M.

Should do the swap permanently next week, need to get the 840i AUC inspection done, paper work, remove my plate from the X3 and then all should be done by Wednesday hopefully.

Soldato
Well thats the end of the 6 month X3M ownership experience...I've had enough of it and the faults that its had, so we've come to an agreement to swap into the 840i Cabro that I've been lent whilst they look at X3M.

Should do the swap permanently next week, need to get the 840i AUC inspection done, paper work, remove my plate from the X3 and then all should be done by Wednesday hopefully.
Blimey...you must have had some serious issues with it, or at least plenty of them! I've not kept up on the comings and goings you had...can you summarise?

Soldato
Blimey...you must have had some serious issues with it, or at least plenty of them! I've not kept up on the comings and goings you had...can you summarise?

Its been a number of small things that have never been sorted. Had problems with the external temp sensor suffering really bad heat soak so over reading by 20+c, problems with keys not being detected, driver profiles going nuts and not applying, saying they applied but not or not existing at all and also a failure in the safety systems controller. But its been in 6 times since I bought it for these and a few other things so basically lost faith in the car as I never knew what'd not work when I got in it.

The deal is sorted so collect the 840i next week and I'm chuffed. It's in Mineral White with Black roof and wheels, carbon grill/wing mirror caps and side skirts, Visibility pack, Technology pack, Premium Pack and piano black interior trim so comes with just about everything you'd want and a load more too.

Back
Top Bottom