Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
On that note, I presume I can take my external game drive and move it between consoles to avoid having to re- download the games again? From memory this is correct but it isn't something I could realistically test (before I receive it and test myself of course).

From my understanding, it will want to download the S version if you try to play the X version on the S console. And vice versa.

Soldato
Am I getting this right, if and game is Series X enhanced that means it's had a resolution boost, FPS or takes advantage of the storage speed but a game like Skyrim which although has been patched 4K and 60fps isn't necessarily enhanced because of something I can't work out.

In a nutshell, yes. Series X enhanced games have been updated to take advantage of the next-gen features of the consoles. Games that have FPS Boost have just had some clever trickery applied to the backwards compatibility engine to enhance the frame rate. Obviously most backwards compatibility titles also have Auto HDR and benefit from the faster loading speeds of the SSD, but they've not been altered by the developer to run better on the new hardware, they just get a boost in performance due to the hardware upgrade.

You can also filter by these features in Game Pass and the store when searching for something to play.

Soldato
@CHokKA thanks for that, makes sense. Having a much better time now I don't have a controller scratching my hands. Also I only just realised I could customize home screen so I got rid of pretty much everything and changed it from the default green.

Soldato
@CHokKA thanks for that, makes sense. Having a much better time now I don't have a controller scratching my hands. Also I only just realised I could customize home screen so I got rid of pretty much everything and changed it from the default green.

It's nice to be able to customise the home screen. I need to change mine again but with quick resume for the games I play, I'm into a game before I even think about the home screen!

Just about to start playing No Man's Sky after playing more Valhalla. I haven't played it on the Xbox, only the PC but it's been enhanced for Series X|S so I'll be interested to see how it runs!

Soldato
Still nothing from Game regarding my series x that was supposed to be in packing on the 23rd. Wonder if they over sold there shipment..... might buy hades for the switch to put me on.

Update from Game, apparently I selected non priority shipping when I ordered which means the shipping date is 31st March. Fairly sure when ordering all access it didn't let me choose any shipping options :rolleyes:

Associate
Who's gonna be playing Outriders when it launches on the 1st April? I've not played the demo and I'm wondering whether it's worth a go?
Also never played the demo but it's on Game Pass so I'll be downloading it. It's co-op so will be playing with a friend so that should help increase the enjoyment factor.

Soldato
Who's gonna be playing Outriders when it launches on the 1st April? I've not played the demo and I'm wondering whether it's worth a go?

I will be playing, demo was ok but didn't show off enough for me. I wouldn't have bought it at full price and would have waited for major discounts but as on gamepass will be on day 1.

Last edited:
Soldato

Download the demo and give it a whirl. I found Pyro to be terrible on PC but have been having a blast with Devastator on console.

I am planning to stream the game on launch for fun. It’s free via Game Pass so nothing to lose in that regard.

On a separate note got my series S all up and running and hooked in to my capture card for some streaming / recording fun. Now have it downloading a boat load of games overnight. Also using an old 320GB HD in an enclosure for some temporary extra storage. Will replace this in time but will be fine for now.

Soldato
I finally got round to going through the Outriders prologue / tutorial at the weekend and levelled the trickster up enough to use the time stop skill. Story and lore not really my thing but overall I think it will fill a Division shaped hole for me for a while and would likely have been a day 1 purchase anyway as haven't bought anything new for ages. Awesome that its coming to gamepass. Pretty much covers 6 months cost.

Back
Top Bottom