• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia sells dollar equivalent of 42,918 3080 gpu to 1 miner

Soldato
I wonder how many non mining cards have been sold in bulk like this, nvidias record profits over the last 2 quarters have come from somewhere and judging by the amount of cards retailers like OCUK have been receiving it's not come from sales to gamers.

Associate
OP
How did you think I posted the link to the tweet ? Maybe you should have just done that too and cut out the clickbait website. :p

It's rather narcistic to think that everyone shares your opinion & doesn't want to read the rest of the article, eg please tell me where in the tweet it says that they spent 30 million. The tweet doesn't provide any evidence to support this, next

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I had £30 million the last thing I'd be investing in is mining crypto. Not at that scale anyway.

All it takes is a crash and he's literally lost 75% of that and the smarter play is to wait for a crash and then just buy BTC directly

Soldato
It's rather narcistic to think that everyone shares your opinion & doesn't want to read the rest of the article, eg please tell me where in the tweet it says that they spent 30 million. The tweet doesn't provide any evidence to support this, next

In your OP it says £30 million so is £30mill made up then as the tweet doesnt mention hit hence how accurate is the article. Not going to "argue" anymore not worth the effort.

Associate
OP
In your OP it says £30 million so is £30mill made up then as the tweet doesnt mention hit hence how accurate is the article. Not going to "argue" anymore not worth the effort.

Please spend time reading the link rather than being passive aggressive, if you had bothered to read the article and follow the links in it you would have followed the evidence to the 30 million, eg this link in the article
HUT 8 Expands Mining Capacity with $30 Million USD Purchase of NVIDIA CMPs – Hut 8 Mining

You want evidence of the 30 million, its there in the article I linked to, but not in the tweet that you linked.

Associate
Have to agree with @varkanoid, the OP's forum heading is very click bait.
First of all, CMP cards are not Ampere so what did the 3080 equivalence have to do with anything?
Even the rumoured new A100 based (only saw those rumours when trying to confirm that all CMP cards were Turing based) is on TSMC 7nm (since Nvidia is clever enough to use the better foundry for their top compute product) do won't affect Samsung 8nm availability, plus they don't use GDDR6X.
Secondly, that "one" miner turns out to be a publicly traded Canadian company, so even that part is click bait...

Last edited:
Associate
OP

You seem to like wasting my time by requiring me to point out the accuracy of a link when you could have read the article and found it for yourself

Back
Top Bottom