• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Associate
@Gibbo

Will you have enough of these in stock ready to send out for pre-orders? Any idea what timescale for delivery?

I’ve bought a 11900K and it’s the last piece I’m waiting for in my new build. Can’t wait to put it all together!

Last edited:
Soldato
@Gibbo

Will you have enough of these in stock ready to send out for pre-orders? Any idea what timescale for delivery?

I’ve bought a 11900K and it’s the last piece I’m waiting for in my new build. Can’t wait to put it all together!

Me as well. Everything ready but CPU. It should be the next day delivery after release. So hopefully this wednesday

Soldato
@Gibbo

I'm in the same boat, awaiting delivery of my 11900k! Gonna be a fun build, good luck with it! :D

EDIT, seeing many 6700k owners jumping onto Rocket Lake. Seems we were all waiting for a new architecture from Intel to finally pull the trigger :)

Soldato
Still don't get the point, unless there is a massive surprise in the offing, the 8 core will still be slower than intel previous gen top chip, which will be about half the price by then.
GL with your builds anyway.

Soldato
Still don't get the point, unless there is a massive surprise in the offing, the 8 core will still be slower than intel previous gen top chip, which will be about half the price by then.
GL with your builds anyway.

It won't be slower in gaming or the majority of consumer apps that use 4-8 cores.

Soldato
Indeed, but it'll use such an amount more energy to do the same thing, i really don't comprehend what actual advantage the chip will provide over previous gen Intel, or comparable AMD.

Soldato

Don't panic, there is loads of stock available and Intel are pushing hard to make the launch worth something, the MDF being used for the launch is huge, lots of incentives for the re-sellers and e-tailors with massive margins compared to normal launches.

Don't forget Alderlake on LGA 1700 is going to be out as soon as Q3, so this could be the smallest gap between launches for a good while. :)

Soldato
Indeed, but it'll use such an amount more energy to do the same thing, i really don't comprehend what actual advantage the chip will provide over previous gen Intel, or comparable AMD.

In games and common applications, it won't use a monstrous amount of power. At stock, perhaps 50W more than a Ryzen equivalent.

These are the days of 320w, 350W GPU's (3080, 3090). Most don't care about power consumption, as long as performance is there.

In AVX-512 workloads, that's where you'll see the crazy 300W+ numbers. Hardly any programs use this feature yet, though when it is used, it provides incredible performance, at the cost of very high power. Ryzen doesn't support AVX-512.

Vs the 10900k, you're getting:

1. PCI-E gen4 (980 PRO SSD's etc take full advantage of this)
2. DMI 3.0 X8 (double bandwidth from chipset to CPU)
3. Up to 19% IPC, depending on workload
4. Much faster iGPU (handy when waiting for new GPU to arrive/RMA etc)
5. More PCI-E lanes
6. AVX-512 (monstrously fast performance in supported applications, at the cost of monstrous power consumption)

As for why people choose Intel vs AMD - it's for many reasons. Stability, bad prior experiences with AMD, reluctance to change, you name it.

The important thing is that we have two high performance CPU vendors to choose from. No human will tell the difference in gaming performance between a 11900k, 5900x, 5950x etc.

Associate
If I hadn’t have bought a Reverb G2 I would probably still have a 2070 Super, it was a brilliant card for me at 3440x1440.

Can you play any game with Reverb G2? For example Call of Duty Warzone? Is better than on a very good monitor? Now, if you wouldnt have them, would you buy Reverb or a very good monitor?
Cheers!

Associate
OP
Can you play any game with Reverb G2? For example Call of Duty Warzone? Is better than on a very good monitor? Now, if you wouldnt have them, would you buy Reverb or a very good monitor?
Cheers!

I only use the G2 for sim racing and MSFS 2020 in a seated position but the immersion is amazing. I play other games like BF5 etc on monitor at 3440x1440.

Soldato
Cheers!

Only VR games make real use of the VR headset. However you can play basically any game on a VR headset like the G2 by creating a virtual desktop inside the headset (it will look like you sitting in a cinema gaming) - and while that sounds cool and it is to a degree, no it cannot match the image quality of a monitor, we're still far away from that. Your idea is a good one and it's probably one I would strongly consider when the technology catches up - if I can get a VR headset with a OLED screen that support HDR and has the same pixel density as a monitor then heck yeah I'd just get that headset instead of buying a gaming monitor

Last edited:
Associate
Hope everyone that preordered 11900k early gets they CPU tomorrow? My motherboard is ready.

My chip hasn’t shipped yet. Maybe the release embargo prevents shipping until today?
Also expected to see a few official reviews by now. But worrying having restrictions on reviews until the day the chips are actually available.

Soldato
My chip hasn’t shipped yet. Maybe the release embargo prevents shipping until today?
Also expected to see a few official reviews by now. But worrying having restrictions on reviews until the day the chips are actually available.

We've already had two pretty comprehensive reviews from two individual sources, both of which are somewhat trust worthy, I assume you've read/watched these? Also there has been significant feedback in the greater CPU community from people who've had the 11700K's for the best part of a month now.

Back
Top Bottom