• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Associate
We've already had two pretty comprehensive reviews from two individual sources, both of which are somewhat trust worthy, I assume you've read/watched these? Also there has been significant feedback in the greater CPU community from people who've had the 11700K's for the best part of a month now.

I haven’t seen them actually, I’m more interested in the 11400 as that is what I’ve ordered.

Soldato
I haven’t seen them actually, I’m more interested in the 11400 as that is what I’ve ordered.

Yeah, the lower end CPU's seem to be the obvious choice if you are looking at 11th Gen, they make sense if you want to use an integrated GPU as well. Doubt we'll see any reviews of such chips today, unless someone see the opportunity to fill the gap that would be overlooked by many of the media outlets, after all we know what the 11700K/900K can do already.

Soldato
I ordered on the 24th, still waiting on my shipping email. Perhaps stock for the i5-11400 is different.

I wonder if OCUK are doing the Intel game promo that some of the competitors are.

Associate
OP
Another question for you peeps doing a fresh install. Do you just install Windows with its updates plus motherboard chipset drivers and that’s it or are there any further steps you take before installing everything else?

Soldato
Another question for you peeps doing a fresh install. Do you just install Windows with its updates plus motherboard chipset drivers and that’s it or are there any further steps you take before installing everything else?

That's all I do. I would say, though, check your motherboard for bios updates. It may have had an 11th gen optimisation update.

Soldato

I install windows 10 on usb with the latest updates with MediaCreationTool then go to your motherboards support page for latest bios and drivers. Only install the drivers you need and get the newest non-beta bios.

Back
Top Bottom