• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
Just done my Z390M. Had a slight oddity with the driver, but otherwise went OK.
  • Updated motherboard BIOS, reconfigured BIOS and enabled new PCIe feature
  • Installed 465.89 drivers
  • System Info shows Resizable BAR No (as expected)
  • Updated GPU firmware and rebooted
  • System Info no longer lists Resizable BAR at all (rather weird)
  • Re-ran GPU firmware tool which confirms update has applied OK
  • Re-installed 465.89 drivers
  • System Info now shows Resizable BAR Yes (nice)
Z390BAR.png

Thanks

I take it you flashed the beta bios?
If I turn on the re-size. It won't boot :)

Soldato
Confirmed that everything seems ok for me.

Aorus X570 Elite (BIOS UPDATED to F33g)
Changed required settings in BIOS (4g etc etc)
Updated to nvidia 465.89
Flash VBIOS on Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC from F1 to F3
resize BAR = enabled

Literally did it this morning, so I haven't had time to check on any of the advertised FPS gains.

Soldato
My Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 MB bios has had resizable bar support for a while. Turned it on last night, updated the graphics drivers and ran the Nvidia bios patch for my 3090FE.

All seemed to go fine. Now shows up as enabled in the Nvidia control panel. Haven't noticed much of a difference, but my 2D gaming is at 1440p. It's VR where I really stress the 3090 and I don't see any VR games supporting it yet.

Soldato
Also didn't see Z390 or 9th Gen CPU's in NVidia's list of supporting products but maybe the list is just not complete.

Probably more to do with marketing current hardware and making it all sound new when it's really not and has been around a long time but never utilized.

Back
Top Bottom