• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone having connectivity problems with WiFi? My series x disconnects for 2-5seconds and reconnects all the time, I get dropped from online games because of it. It seemed to fix itself a while back but now it’s doing it again.

Mine always seems connected if i download games etc but the Contracts in AC Valhalla never work due to connection issues.

Soldato
What is everyone going to play on Outriders?

Also if anyone wants to group up at any given point ItzMeDak is my gamertag.

I didn't realise there are classes in Outriders. When do you choose that? I've created a character and gone as far as the shooting range before kids got me off the Xbox, but I'm hoping I didn't somehow miss a step!

Add me, but just be aware that I'm a busy Dad and my playtime is limited!

CHokKA is my gamertag.

Soldato
I didn't realise there are classes in Outriders. When do you choose that? I've created a character and gone as far as the shooting range before kids got me off the Xbox, but I'm hoping I didn't somehow miss a step!

Add me, but just be aware that I'm a busy Dad and my playtime is limited!

CHokKA is my gamertag.

After you get out the prologue area you have 4 classes to choose from.

It's fine i'll be the same in 4 months when our baby is due!

Soldato
Couple of things I've picked up on over the last few days -

Started playing Start Wars Squadrons, not quite as good as I'd hoped but still decent, I noticed early in the game, when you go through the tunnel in the Tie Fighter and it starts collapsing the performance was really choppy, not noticed it since, playing in Quality mode. What's that about I thought this was an optimised for Series X game!?

New Bang and Olufsen headphones, anyone seen the announcement, they look interesting, officially supported assuming it uses Xbox Wireless Protocol, not sure of the cost, anyone else looking at these?

Regarding online play, I don't have any friends who play on Xbox but feel like I'm missing out. Problem is I cant talk! Xbox is upstairs and I play when the kids are asleep, Mrs would string me up if I woke them talking online. Is this a major issue its stopping me from adding people on here etc

Soldato
Wondered why my internal hard drive was nearly full then saw Cold War takes up 170 gigs now - eek! Downloading Outriders, the demo was kinda good if a bit janky.

Yeah there was another update last night. I ended up deleting it because it's too big, I'm not really interested in playing it and the updates for it are just crazy in size.

Soldato
Couple of things I've picked up on over the last few days -

Started playing Start Wars Squadrons, not quite as good as I'd hoped but still decent, I noticed early in the game, when you go through the tunnel in the Tie Fighter and it starts collapsing the performance was really choppy, not noticed it since, playing in Quality mode. What's that about I thought this was an optimised for Series X game!?

New Bang and Olufsen headphones, anyone seen the announcement, they look interesting, officially supported assuming it uses Xbox Wireless Protocol, not sure of the cost, anyone else looking at these?

Regarding online play, I don't have any friends who play on Xbox but feel like I'm missing out. Problem is I cant talk! Xbox is upstairs and I play when the kids are asleep, Mrs would string me up if I woke them talking online. Is this a major issue its stopping me from adding people on here etc

You could always just listen. Talking is obviously better and you might be heard even when whispering, but it isn't necessarily essential to playing online. Sometimes just hearing others is useful enough so I wouldn't let that stop you!

Soldato
Whilst we're talking online gaming, it's worth saying that Sea of Thieves is an amazing experience online so if people adding others on here haven't tried it yet, it's definitely worth a go. Plus, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the Series X at 60fps.

Soldato
Never understood how to balance audio with chat. Some games it's really important to hear footsteps so you need volume higher than chat but then when there is loads of noise going on you need to be able to hear your teammates. I generally find chat distracts me from in-game sound.

Re sea of thieves. Wanted to play but read it wasn't possible on your own, well it is but not enjoyable.

Associate
I'm late to the party but started Division 2 a few days ago, I'm blown away!. Runs great on the Series X, super smooth and such a detailed world. Awesome game. I guess everyone else already knew that though :)

Soldato
Whilst we're talking online gaming, it's worth saying that Sea of Thieves is an amazing experience online so if people adding others on here haven't tried it yet, it's definitely worth a go. Plus, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the Series X at 60fps.

Downloaded and enjoyed Sea of Thieves but not as fun alone, so i'm up for it with others.

These are the classes on Outriders just got to them.

HURSNZvl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Never understood how to balance audio with chat. Some games it's really important to hear footsteps so you need volume higher than chat but then when there is loads of noise going on you need to be able to hear your teammates. I generally find chat distracts me from in-game sound.

Re sea of thieves. Wanted to play but read it wasn't possible on your own, well it is but not enjoyable.

It is definitely possible and you can just go off and hunt for buried treasure or do the events. But trying to fend off a ghost ship or another player ship on your own in a Sloop with only two cannons isn't the easiest nor most fun experience. It's definitely best played with others. Then you can sail a Galleon and you're set! But I've played solo for a bit and still found it to be enjoyable. If you don't encounter other players then it's fairly relaxing, until a Megalodon or Kraken attacks you of course! Then it's epic stress tbh. Those moments are also far more fun with friends too!

Soldato
Downloaded and enjoyed Sea of Thieves but not as fun alone, so i'm up for it with others.

These are the classes on Outriders just got to them.

HURSNZvl.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I reckon I'll go Trickster for sure!

Sea of Thieves is way more fun with others so I'm definitely up for sailing with folks from here sometime!

Soldato
Yeah there was another update last night. I ended up deleting it because it's too big, I'm not really interested in playing it and the updates for it are just crazy in size.

I just checked and there was another 1.1 gig update. I do enjoy playing Zombies mostly and haven't finished the campaign yet so cant uninstall those bits.

Soldato
Enjoying it so far, not gone far past the demo but the game runs so much better. I thought it was very poorly optimized on the demo this feels like full 60fps and although still clunky much improved.

Playing my technonancer is pretty good.

Associate
I'm not very far in yet, just rescued Jacob, but my first impression is it's OK, not amazing. Too many unecessary cutscenes, constantly switching between playable and cutscenes. I don't mind cut cutscenes for story sections but they're using them just to show bad guys running through a doorway, for example, things that could be done in game without loading a cutscene.

Soldato
I'm not very far in yet, just rescued Jacob, but my first impression is it's OK, not amazing. Too many unecessary cutscenes, constantly switching between playable and cutscenes. I don't mind cut cutscenes for story sections but they're using them just to show bad guys running through a doorway, for example, things that could be done in game without loading a cutscene.

It's a solid game just nothing special I agree. There was a reason the dev's did it that way with the cutscenes apparently, read it in an interview with them but for the life of me can't remember where.

Back
Top Bottom