• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
My controller has been 100% reliable since getting the Series X at launch BUT..the last 2 days I've noticed the dpad jumping more than 1 click. Example in the rewards app wanting to move down it'll move down twice. Also button presses, trying to click on restart console did nothing. To fix it I've just had to long press the xbox button to turn the controller off then back on again. I'm assuming/hoping this is to do with a recent console update. Has anyone else had this?

Soldato
Gotta say I’m frustrated I can’t buy a series x still. I would have thought by now things would have stabilised a bit. Never seems to be in stock :(

And I’m not paying scalpers prices.

Stock has been available but you need to be tracking and quick to react, would be nice to just be able to buy anywhere but with the global shortages of parts it's hardly surprising.

A few have been on the members market too at cost price.

Associate
You guys are the only mature crowd who can answer this:

Who has both the PS5 and Xbox One Series X? What benefits do you see in the X?

Currently have a PS5 but tempted to jump ship to the X.

Last edited:
Associate

I have both and also the Series S. Xbox has a very bright future with all the latest aquisitions and Gamepass is a no brainer. Its also great for backwards compatible games making them look and run better . I wouldnt jump ship its early days yet with both consoles, why not try the Series S and keep the PS5 aswell?

Associate

Personally I would say its worth getting one for the sheer amount of content that you get on Gamepass.

Not seen a PS5 in the flesh or running games so I can't comment on that side of things, but really pleased with my series X :)

Cheers all

Man of Honour
Game pass is just going from strength to strength - MS are investing crazy money into it. My X has more than paid for itself vs games that I would have bought and hardware than I would have upgraded.

Soldato

I have both. I prefer the PS5 due to familiarity but X is great too. I'd say the benefits of the x are:

It's a fair bit quieter than PS5.
More powerful on paper regardless if the real life results don't always reflect this.
Gamepass can be great depending on your usage, PS Now doesn't come close.
MS rewards thing is a cool way to earn money off vouchers and stuff.
More subtle aesthetic.

However if I had to drop one of them right now it would be the X but again this mostly comes from me generally prefer the PS brand and love the haptics but I wouldn't be without either of them by choice.
Ive never gelled with an Xbox console before but this one I am (despite owning one for a whole two days at launch)

Associate

I've got a PS5, XSX and XSS and the PS5 has barely been turned on. Loving Game Pass, so much variety and so many great games. The XSX has replaced my PC as my main gaming platform, I do prefer the stick layout of the PS controller.

Soldato
I'm thinking about going balls deep on xbox and getting an elite 2 controller. I like the remap buttons on the rear of my wired pad and I see it has that and also changeable dpad etc. There's not going to a rev 3 out right after I get it is there?
I think I'll sell my replacement controller when I get it back from warranty to offset the cost.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking about going balls deep on xbox and getting an elite 2 controller. I like the remap buttons on the rear of my wired pad and I see it has that and also changeable dpad etc. There's not going to a rev 3 out right after I get it is there?
I think I'll sell my replacement controller when I get it back from warranty to offset the cost.

It’s the high breakage rate that puts me off. Especially at that price point. Like someone here said, get the optional warranty like the one that Amazon offers and you’ll be fine. I’ll probably wait for the 3rd edition - although that could be some way off.

Soldato

Series X has better controller, despite the haptic triggers in the PS5. The PS5 has a much cleaner interface. Xbox ultimate is insane value for money.

Soldato
It’s the high breakage rate that puts me off. Especially at that price point. Like someone here said, get the optional warranty like the one that Amazon offers and you’ll be fine. I’ll probably wait for the 3rd edition - although that could be some way off.

Just realised the share button isn't there either as that was added for SX. I'll wait for another revision.

Associate
Playing through the master chief Halo collection on campaign co-op with my lad. On Halo 2 we’re trying to play with the anniversary graphics and the FPS makes it unplayable.

Has anybody else seen this and know if there’s a way to resolve the issue?

thanks.

Associate
Series X has better controller, despite the haptic triggers in the PS5. The PS5 has a much cleaner interface. Xbox ultimate is insane value for money.

I disabled the haptics on the PS5 as didnt like it for FPS games, especially for sniper, marksman rifles etc.

I think the main things putting me off currently from jumping from the PS5 are:

(1) I read the Xbox dashboard is only 1080p, sounds silly but fear it may annoy me

(2) Controller - obviously very personal and subjective but ideally need to feel one in the flesh

(3) Xbox dashboard again, just looks messy to me but guess Id get used to it

(4) Most importantly - I need to establish how the multiplatform games run on it versus the PS5. I read reports of some games running better on PS5.

Back
Top Bottom