• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I disabled the haptics on the PS5 as didnt like it for FPS games, especially for sniper, marksman rifles etc.

I think the main things putting me off currently from jumping from the PS5 are:

(1) I read the Xbox dashboard is only 1080p, sounds silly but fear it may annoy me

(2) Controller - obviously very personal and subjective but ideally need to feel one in the flesh

(3) Xbox dashboard again, just looks messy to me but guess Id get used to it

(4) Most importantly - I need to establish how the multiplatform games run on it versus the PS5. I read reports of some games running better on PS5.

Honestly from someone that doesn't have a PS5 but made a big decision in cancelling my day one guaranteed PS5 order and getting a Series X. I've always had a Playstation from 1/2/3/4/4 Pro and only had the Xbox 360 so it was a massive change.

• I think the dashboard is 1080p, doesn't bother me as I spend 99.9% of my times in games which can run at 1440p unlike the PS5 as I play on a monitor.

• Controller I thought would be a problem but prefer it over the PS4 controller, found the Xbox One controller a little bigger where as the Series S/X is a tad smaller and perfect size in my opinion.

• Dashboards is messy but you can customize stuff into groups etc, still not as good as the PS4/PS5 but then again how long do you stay on the dashboard over playing?

• Multiplatform games are more of a problem currently - only a few run better than the PS5 but the rest don't run as good but even then it's just little drops that happen. Now developers have said that the PS5 developer tool was out for quite a while to get games running perfectly where as the Series S/X developer tool was brought out not long before their release meaning that they aren't being run to their full potential. It's been said once developers learn to use this new dev tool properly games should be run even better possibly better than the PS5.
Overall i've loved the change and where as I was going to get a PS5 later this year or next - i've now put it on the backburner and will get it in 3-4 years when there is an backlog of exclusives as the Series X gives me more than I could have possibly asked for.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking about going balls deep on xbox and getting an elite 2 controller. I like the remap buttons on the rear of my wired pad and I see it has that and also changeable dpad etc. There's not going to a rev 3 out right after I get it is there?
I think I'll sell my replacement controller when I get it back from warranty to offset the cost.

You're brave. MS' repair centre is completely useless, and after sending my Elite 2 back to them 3 times I ended up fixing it myself.

I've had four separate issues with mine, three I have fixed myself and one is a big design flaw that cannot be easily fixed without de-soldering the analog sticks.

Issues I fixed:
  1. Offset/off center dpad
  2. Occasionally unresponsive face buttons
  3. Creaking right trigger
Design flaw that all Elite 2 controllers have that was not present in the Elite 1:
  1. Enormous dead zones on the sticks (aka wobbly sticks) leading to greatly reduced precision compared to the stock analog sticks.

Associate
Honestly from someone that doesn't have a PS5 but made a big decision in cancelling my day one guaranteed PS5 order and getting a Series X. I've always had a Playstation from 1/2/3/4/4 Pro and only had the Xbox 360 so it was a massive change.

• I think the dashboard is 1080p, doesn't bother me as I spend 99.9% of my times in games which can run at 1440p unlike the PS5 as I play on a monitor.

• Controller I thought would be a problem but prefer it over the PS4 controller, found the Xbox One controller a little bigger where as the Series S/X is a tad smaller and perfect size in my opinion.

• Dashboards is messy but you can customize stuff into groups etc, still not as good as the PS4/PS5 but then again how long do you stay on the dashboard over playing?

• Multiplatform games are more of a problem currently - only a few run better than the PS5 but the rest don't run as good but even then it's just little drops that happen. Now developers have said that the PS5 developer tool was out for quite a while to get games running perfectly where as the Series S/X developer tool was brought out not long before their release meaning that they aren't being run to their full potential. It's been said once developers learn to use this new dev tool properly games should be run even better possibly better than the PS5.
Overall i've loved the change and where as I was going to get a PS5 later this year or next - i've now put it on the backburner and will get it in 3-4 years when there is an backlog of exclusives as the Series X gives me more than I could have possibly asked for.

thanks so much, just the shove I needed :)

Man of Honour
There is nothing wrong with them, sure there are faulty/duff ones out there but I’ve had both ver1 and ver2 and they have been great except for ver1 which had peeling grips and the bumpers breaking after awhile.

That's objectively false. They have very imprecise analog sticks and a known flaw with the trigger stops that make them prone to loud creaking. There are widespread reports of offset dpads and unresponsive face buttons.

The Elite 1 suffered from bad shoulder buttons (easy fix with a replacement part) and the grips peeling off if you are a sweaty Betty.

Soldato
thanks so much, just the shove I needed :)

No problem. Make sure you get gamepass ultimate on the cheap using a VPN and cover yourself for the next 3 years and you'll honestly be sorted.

I couldn't be happier with the Series X - went from previously not even considering it to having my love of gaming come back and it being my favourite console in a long time.

Gamepass is the gift that keeps on giving with all the big titles and future titles that will be arriving on it.

Soldato
MLB The Show 21 coming to Game Pass on Day 1.

MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One - Xbox Wire

Knocking it out of the park

So a game developed by a Sony first-party studio will be on a competing consoles game service for free to Game Pass subscribers? That's crazy and quite embarrassing for Sony surely? I mean, it's a bit weird that PlayStation owners have to pay £50 to play it whilst Xbox Game Pass subscribers get it as part of a Game Pass sub which is already giving us so many great games. And in this case we've got a first-party, not exclusive game that is actually free on a competitors platform! That's madness! Man, Microsoft are pulling some moves at the moment. It's actually quite brutal!

It's published by the MLB so I guess they must be behind the deal with Microsoft. It goes to show that obviously there must be quite a lot of money for a game dev or publisher to list something on Game Pass.

Soldato
So a game developed by a Sony first-party studio will be on a competing consoles game service for free to Game Pass subscribers? That's crazy and quite embarrassing for Sony surely? I mean, it's a bit weird that PlayStation owners have to pay £50 to play it whilst Xbox Game Pass subscribers get it as part of a Game Pass sub which is already giving us so many great games. And in this case we've got a first-party, not exclusive game that is actually free on a competitors platform! That's madness! Man, Microsoft are pulling some moves at the moment. It's actually quite brutal!

It's published by the MLB so I guess they must be behind the deal with Microsoft. It goes to show that obviously there must be quite a lot of money for a game dev or publisher to list something on Game Pass.

I think there is a reason behind it being on gamepass but it's still a kick in the teeth to the Playstation crew who have always had to buy this.

Sony originally had the licensing deal with MLB but that ran out last year and the MLB basically said you need to make the game for both the PS5 and Xbox or you'll lose exclusivity of the license and it'll be there for someone else to take. So the Sony Studio had to take it on the chin and agree to doing both - this year was the first year that it was ever going to be on the XBox. I think due to this and to get more people on board they put it on gamepass to get the game out there so more people play it and they get a massive player base for next years release.

Now in the mind of the PS loyal this is a kick in the teeth as most weren't upset about the game coming to XBox as bigger playerbase easier to get games etc but them all having to pay full price while XBox get it for free is brutal.

I'm all for it on the other hand, been buying this game since MLB 12 on the PS3 and it's been such a good game for a baseball fan like myself. Now I get it for free this year and get to save money while the game grows massively over both platforms.

Soldato
I think there is a reason behind it being on gamepass but it's still a kick in the teeth to the Playstation crew who have always had to buy this.

Sony originally had the licensing deal with MLB but that ran out last year and the MLB basically said you need to make the game for both the PS5 and Xbox or you'll lose exclusivity of the license and it'll be there for someone else to take. So the Sony Studio had to take it on the chin and agree to doing both - this year was the first year that it was ever going to be on the XBox. I think due to this and to get more people on board they put it on gamepass to get the game out there so more people play it and they get a massive player base for next years release.

Now in the mind of the PS loyal this is a kick in the teeth as most weren't upset about the game coming to XBox as bigger playerbase easier to get games etc but them all having to pay full price while XBox get it for free is brutal.

I'm all for it on the other hand, been buying this game since MLB 12 on the PS3 and it's been such a good game for a baseball fan like myself. Now I get it for free this year and get to save money while the game grows massively over both platforms.

Well, it makes sense that they'd want as many people playing it as possible. I've not played a baseball game since playing on a SNES but Game Pass will.allow me to try this out and see what it's like. I do love that about Game Pass :)

Soldato
Well, it makes sense that they'd want as many people playing it as possible. I've not played a baseball game since playing on a SNES but Game Pass will.allow me to try this out and see what it's like. I do love that about Game Pass :)

Yeah it makes sense this year, get as many people hooked and playing on a new platform then next year if they love it enough they pay full price.

It's a real good game, takes a while to get used to it as it's like a baseball sim and sticks to the official game and is not arcadey.

Associate
OK well Microsoft got me!!! :cry:

Just sold my PS5 and got a series X!!

I have been gaming less the last 6 months and the thought of buying games at £60-70 a pop wasn't appealing and tbh I'm not a fanboy of any console.
But seeing the constant praise of gamepass has had me looking and it's got so many good games all in the service.

With Outriders and MLB now gamepass day 1 I thought sod it I'm moving.
Sure I'll miss some ps5 exclusives when they eventually appear but I'm not interested in paying £60+ each time.

For now I'm happy with "free" gamepass games and the odd 3rd party game I'll need to buy.

P.s the series x is silent compared to my slightly creaky ps5

Soldato
OK well Microsoft got me!!! :cry:

Just sold my PS5 and got a series X!!

I have been gaming less the last 6 months and the thought of buying games at £60-70 a pop wasn't appealing and tbh I'm not a fanboy of any console.
But seeing the constant praise of gamepass has had me looking and it's got so many good games all in the service.

With Outriders and MLB now gamepass day 1 I thought sod it I'm moving.
Sure I'll miss some ps5 exclusives when they eventually appear but I'm not interested in paying £60+ each time.

For now I'm happy with "free" gamepass games and the odd 3rd party game I'll need to buy.

P.s the series x is silent compared to my slightly creaky ps5

Good man, mine is silent at all times and I agree the gamepass catalogue has stopped me spending so much money. Had my Series X and gamepass since December 30th and only games I bought were Division 2 on sale but was bought with Microsoft reward points and £6 on Diablo 3 ultimate edition key of a key site. I got a refund on MLB today so that's saved more so damn good.

I tried mlb once. 3 hours and I couldn't even hit the ball lol. Plus baseball was way more complex than I thought.

It's not so complex once you understand the basics, i've been watching baseball for 20+ years so when the game came out I already new the fundamentals just needed to learn to hit the damn ball.

It takes a while to read pitches so your not swinging at air all the time and at everything.

Associate
What I really love is how Alexa works with the xbox. I pull onto my driveway, my android headunit connects to my home wifi. You need alexa installed on your car headunit. You say Alexa lights on and xbox launch game name. I go indoors the lights are on and the xbox is on, TV is on and game is loaded ready for me lol.

Associate
Really not understanding this on HotDeals.

Source: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12...l&utm_content=3693239&utm_campaign=2021-04-03
If you buy then add Xbox Live GOLD then sign up to or buy GamePass Ultimate (1 month or 7 days). All the GOLD will be upgraded to GPU 1:1.

You can add and upgrade up to 36 months of GOLD. If you plan on doing 36 months turn off auto renew when adding the GOLD. If adding less than 36 months turn it on then off again to get the free month/s of GOLD.

This only works if you don’t have an active GPU subscription. Doesn’t matter if you’ve had GPU in the past.

-

Do not add GOLD to an account with an active GPU sub as it will convert 3:1. So you'd only get 4 months additional GPU.

-

If you have an active GPU sub and want to extend it the cheapest method is to buy and add 7 day GPU codes or buy and add a 12 months EA Play code. This will convert to 4 months additional GPU

-

This works now but is subject to change.

So:
Step1: Buy 12 month Gold sub
Step2: Buy GPU trial
Step3: ??????
Step4: Profit???? Result = 12 month GPU?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom