LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
If you can id suggest waiting for the 42", the 48" is certainly liveable and doable but its one heck of an eye sore. I have been digging around the net and asking vincent teoh and others but no response but everyone is asking the same question past 3 months daily so we know its the next best thing.

LG still has not officially announced the LG EX lifestyle models but imo they certainly could be the 42" oled we have been waiting for and look monitor and TVish

https://verietyinfo.com/austriaeng/...he-lg-oled-ex-lifestyle-series-have-appeared/

Hopefully its out sooner rather then end of the year.
This would be my preferred size panel for gaming - big enough to be really immersive, but not so big that you'd have trouble accommodating it in a lot of rooms/set-ups.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
This would be my preferred size panel for gaming - big enough to be really immersive, but not so big that you'd have trouble accommodating it in a lot of rooms/set-ups.

Think that is the kicker 48" is more suited for living room, you need 42" and lower for bedroom size or intimate use such as gaming or desktop surfing.

Id love to get a 42" oled and a 28 or 32" for surfing/pc use, fingers crossed we get the 42" for 2021 at least.

Soldato
anyone has link to the guide to turn off the auto dimming? i forgot where i found it before, and i think the update reset it back on, im using only oled 25, brightness 80 and its very dark when it dims, and its hard to make it comeback again

80 brightness on the desktop? To my eyes, this is absolutely blinding. How far aware from it are you?

I only use such brightness levels when watching HDR movies, and I'm sat back far from my desk while doing so.

Soldato
Oh that's bad news :( Especially because the more I use streaming apps, the more I try to press the pause button while watching TV!

Yea, same here. I don't use it often enough to justify buying a USB 3.0 drive which is what I think it may require. The record functionality works fine and half an hour's HD TV used 1GB so there's heaps of room on the 128GB drive.

Associate
Well well see here. Im back - just ordered the CX 55 incher. Couldent resist the price. And now FINALY we atleast can mitigate that VRR flicker. It was driving me crazy with my 2060S.
Was set on getting the QN90A, but couldent fool myself, even tho it should be the the LCD so far, it still will be lightyears behind OLED, as we who have seen OLED knows so well. And I allways use a dark room for gaming and movies - is their anyother way really :D

So lets hope I get a clean panel, as all I tested had much banding. But that I can live with. The g-sync flicker was the worst tho. But now finaly it will be better. Thanks LG that actually are trying and listening!

Actually hate watching movies and gaming on my POS stopgap Q70T - that will be sent backt to store ASAP.
Cant wait for that PQ you get from OLED. How I miss it!

Man of Honour
I bopped my 49" Samsung TV onto my desk to see what it would look like.

It was just waaaay too ****ing tall for work usage. I appreciate that the LG is actually pretty flush to the ground but even then that vertical height... dang!!

Secondly, oof it was reflective....

Solidified my opinion that it wasn't for me. Definitely looking to get a OLED TV at some point though for TV and console usage from afar.... but not as a mixed use everyday monitor.

Associate
Long term review:
I've been using it as a monitor for the past 9 months, 12-14hr a day, best purchase ever, first monitor I can't fault at all, and I've been through 11 monitors before getting this.
IPS, TN, flat, curved, ultra wide, wide, 4k - nothing compares to it.

Screen burn? Nothing, 95% time windows (work and private), no hiding taskbars etc., 5% watching Netflix.

Too big? No way! Sitting around 70-80cm from it. Split screen into 4, so comfortable for work and great productivity.
I was worried it would be too close, it's not.
Also, so much easier on the eyes than anything else I've had in past.

Using it with: Work - Dell laptop with miniDP to HDMI, 4k @60hz, RGB, pc mode
Personal PC: 2080 S using Club 3D HDMI 2.1 adapter (which with most recent firmware is very stable, no more black screen), 4k @120hz, RGB, pc mode

Some random settings:
Screen shift - off
Logo luminance adjustment - high
Energy saving - auto
Brightness - 30
Oled light - energy saving did all colours and grey test after purchase and 6 months later, no deterioration, no screen burn.

Can't recommend it enough for RRP, let alone for around 1k which it is going for now.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I bopped my 49" Samsung TV onto my desk to see what it would look like.

It was just waaaay too ****ing tall for work usage. I appreciate that the LG is actually pretty flush to the ground but even then that vertical height... dang!!

Secondly, oof it was reflective....

Solidified my opinion that it wasn't for me. Definitely looking to get a OLED TV at some point though for TV and console usage from afar.... but not as a mixed use everyday monitor.

Patiently awaiting the 31" oled and more importantly 42" oled this year :)

Associate
I've cracked and bought the 48" C1, it's going to be a long 3 weeks until it arrives. I'm hoping I like it enough to replace my PG279Q/MG279Q setup I'm running with just now but I'm doubtful, probably end up having to replace the stand on the telly as well to replace that daft huge bit at the back.

Back
Top Bottom