• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Supply of Intel i9 11900K, PROBLEM?

Soldato
Seen it’s £365 for the 10850k or £381 for the 10900KF (retail boxed, OEM is a few quid cheaper for the 10850k)

What would you pick?

10850K OEM if you must stick with Intel.

They're pretty much the same chip, they'll generally hit similar speeds if you OC.

Associate
what is the selling point of the new 11900k? doesnt it lose in most multi threaded stuff too the 10900k and the 10700k is hardly slower than it in games and is 250 quid cheaper lol
PCIe 4 is the only advantage the 11900 has over the 10900.
And that is not (currently) utilised in anything but SSDs.
And SSD speed differences won't be noticeable unless you're working with very large file sizes.
Latest GPUs gain some benefit, but it's marginal at best and only detectable by running benchmarks.

Caporegime
what is the selling point of the new 11900k? doesnt it lose in most multi threaded stuff too the 10900k and the 10700k is hardly slower than it in games and is 250 quid cheaper lol

Margins, Intel know most people who buy thier CPU's will go for the 11600K and 11700K, at $270 and $400 they are not making as much money, or (Margins) as Intel would like, so the 11900K at $540 off sets that to keep the margins up, some people will buy them over the 11700K just because its the most expensive CPU they make, its E-Peen.

Its about making as much money as possible and keeping the margins on paper up, Intel's margins are going down because they have been forced to lower prices, Intel's investors don't like this, if they see Intel's margins go from 65% to 62% they have a panic attack.

Investors losing patience with Intel is probably why they put these things on the market in the first place, its to say "we are combating AMD" and then put out a bunch of marketing slides about how they are better than AMD at everything (which they did) and hope these investors buy it hook line and sinker, which often they do.

Soldato
A relative who works in the trade can get me a retail 10850k new for £279 i'm thinking i would be a fool to pass this up after looking at 11th gen. I'm not one to upgrade often and thinking a 10850 could last me another 5 years. the 5820k is starting to show its age a bit

Soldato
A relative who works in the trade can get me a retail 10850k new for £279 i'm thinking i would be a fool to pass this up after looking at 11th gen. I'm not one to upgrade often and thinking a 10850 could last me another 5 years. the 5820k is starting to show its age a bit
For that price, I would be all over that TBH

Soldato
As per an Intel financial report today:

* "Launch stock for Rocket lake is decent".

* But due to substrate shortages, supply of Rocket Lake CPU's is expected to majorly dry up within the next few weeks

Associate
As per an Intel financial report today:

* "Launch stock for Rocket lake is decent".

* But due to substrate shortages, supply of Rocket Lake CPU's is expected to majorly dry up within the next few weeks

Yes, I wouldn't expect to see Rocket lake have too much stock in general, it's a very small stop gap launch until they can get Alder Lake out in Q3.

Soldato
Are we have any news about the Intel Core i9-11900K? i have pre-order it since 24th March and i don't have any updates yet

If you've got pre-order in with OCUK, then your in the best position. OCUK should be prioritized for further stock deliveries, so hang tight. You can also send the team a webnote asking them for more info :)

Associate
Should be fine given how poor the demand is compared to what 10th gen was, and the fact that Zen3 is the better newer option.

Its concerning for the lower tier parts that do offer good value vs Zen3. The 11600k and below are all very good and will be popular and with Intel saying they will be prioritising the top tier skews it might cause a problem.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom