***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Man of Honour
Apart from jumping into the odd end game I think I’m mostly done with this. Gets very repetitive after a while, especially the expeditions. Enjoyed the story though.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'll try another class. The Pyro has this flame wave skill but you stand up to cast it so you get pelted with damage to cast it. I do also suck as I've noted but this is a game I'd be way better at with kb and mouse.
:)

Probs the division is why I suck, I can't just hunker down here and snipe people as frequent grenades and melee enemies.

I'm playing technomancer and try and set my gear to cater for all scenarios but I tend to hang right back and snipe with headshots. I save Pain Launcher to tackle hordes / rushing enemies but it also comes in handy for destroying temporary cover to stop enemies hunkering down too close. I have a rocket launcher skill to hit heavies that get too close. I throw Cryo turret behind enemies or off to the side to rain in cryo damage - if you throw it in front of enemies they will attack it and it doesent last as long. The benefit of the rushing enemies is they invariably run in on the same line so if you hit them early enough you can easily take them down before they get too close and start dodging / surround you.

Grenades are easy enough to roll out of the AOE but I would recommend you focus on any lookout enemies as they can bring down like an artillery attack

I haven't played with other classes but I'd imagine they all have similar crowd management skills with similar mechanics.

For me, health regeneration mods are crucial - I use them in all weapons so even if I'm taking fire when I'm out of cover, as long as I'm shooting back I regen health.

Soldato
Haven't got crazy far into the game so far due to life and server issues but managed to record, edit and upload the second part of the playthrough. Quite enjoying it tbh although I am very much just going through the actual story.

Gameplay is repetitive and the level design for the actual "fight arenas" is a bit stale but its fun enough. :)

Soldato
Im really enjoying this game. Its definitely repetitive but it doesn't seem to bother me. It runs really nicely and has me doing "just one more run" like other loot games.

Having it free with gamepass is bonkers.

Caporegime
Lvl 28 and WT 14 - difficulty can be crazy at times, hordes of enemies that can close distance so quickly with huge splash damage.

Playing as Tank with the middle route as going pure damage (top route) had utterly garbage survivability.

Oh and Strix can **** off :p

Soldato
Lvl 28 and WT 14 - difficulty can be crazy at times, hordes of enemies that can close distance so quickly with huge splash damage.

Playing as Tank with the middle route as going pure damage (top route) had utterly garbage survivability.

Oh and Strix can **** off :p

Yeah it's mental at WT14 playing as a pure damage Technomancer I need to keep range and half of them close gaps so quickly. It results in me kiting them around my turrets trying to kill them.

Soldato
Right so just finished the story line - Level 30 and just over half way to Tier Level 15.

Story was really good, sad in places but I thought it was a nice conclusion to the storyline so far. It definitely leads itself open to either stuff being sorted in the expedition or through DLC at a later date.

Associate
Love this game, it’s up there with horizon 4 as my favourite on game pass.

The only thing I don’t like is the travel system, I’d expect this to be improved in future patches, it’s poor currently.

But overall it’s a joy to play, looks decent, story’s fine, my favourite bit is the adjustment of difficulty. So many games I’ve had to give up on, no such bother here. Adjust difficulty to suit the player, on the go, at any time, lovely.

Man of Honour
Love this game, it’s up there with horizon 4 as my favourite on game pass.

The only thing I don’t like is the travel system, I’d expect this to be improved in future patches, it’s poor currently.

But overall it’s a joy to play, looks decent, story’s fine, my favourite bit is the adjustment of difficulty. So many games I’ve had to give up on, no such bother here. Adjust difficulty to suit the player, on the go, at any time, lovely.

Agreed. So many times I tell myself, well, I’m done with the game. Then I sit down for another quick game and lose hours to it. It’s very repetitive, yet really really fun. Especially now I’ve settled on a focussed build that makes sense with how I play.

Soldato
What i really like is that Ive sometimes died like 8 times in a row and it reminds me I can adjust tier. Im like no way! So i power through and adopt new tactics and retry. The fast loading times on the console make this approach a joy.

Soldato
I’m finding doing the 10 hunts / repeat is faster for legendary armour as you are guaranteed one on completion. Takes about an hour or so.
Getting teams for expeditions can be hit and miss at best then the roll on a leg drop :)

Soldato
Haven't touched Expeditions yet, trying to finish up all the history, hunt and wanted side quests before doing so.

If anyone wants to do some sometime add me on Xbox gamertag is ItzMeDak.

Associate
Just spent 4 hours on this with a friend, loved it, great fun. Many of the boss fights had us beat, we would take multiple attempts and had to change tactics but both of really enjoyed the challenge. Both if us can't believe this was on Game Pass on day one. Gutted work stopped play.

Man of Honour
Had my first coop expedition session. Managed to push through to CT10. Need to level my gear up more now though. Great to see an anomaly devastator build doing 2-3 times more damage than other classes, it really is a great build, especially having tried all other options. I actually haven’t died since switching to this build. EQ just does so much damage and along with a short cooldown and double use it’s brutal. Leap heals 100% too since it does so much damage. I’m glad I still have another week and a half off work, I’m hoping to get it out of my system by then!

Caporegime
I also had my first co op session, someone jumped into my game. All was ok for 10 minutes or so and they went down, so I went to revive and it hard locked the game :/

Ive seen reports of characters losing load outs related to cop op so I think ill disable it for the time being.

Soldato
How does a game like Destiny 2 play compared to Outriders? I've played a bit of Outriders and so far its been good fun. It has made me wonder what other games are similar that I might also enjoy. Destiny 2 is on Game Pass still I think so if they are similar I might give it a go too!

Soldato
How does a game like Destiny 2 play compared to Outriders? I've played a bit of Outriders and so far its been good fun. It has made me wonder what other games are similar that I might also enjoy. Destiny 2 is on Game Pass still I think so if they are similar I might give it a go too!

Destiny is good fun and has a very active raiding community in the game. It's end game is considerably longer lasting than Outriders.

Man of Honour

Outriders is a game with a clear end, while Destiny is a perpetual time sink.

Back
Top Bottom