Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've only ever used PNEU tyre dressing from Swissvax, very impressed and a really nice matt finish after a couple of coats. It just doesn't last used in wet weather.

I know their waxes are held in high regard.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't have bothered replacing what I have to be honest, but searching for stuff on Matt paints bought these to my attention so thought I would give them a go. Will let you know how they work.

Associate
I was considering having the car paint correct but as it is in fairly good condition, despite a couple of areas with the odd light swirl under specific light finding it hard to justify the £300/500

So I have been considering having a fairly basic go myself.

Do they have an actual shop that you can go in and browse or is it just a unit? May give them a call and enquire as they are only 10 minutes from me so that’s convenient.
I've no idea what the setup is to be honest, I just knew he was located in or around Sheffield. Getting rid of minor swirling yourself isnt too difficult (usually). You could even use a decent filling glaze like KKD regloss to "hide" the majority of it.

Associate
Can someone recommend a budget dual action polisher?

Was thinking of this one or do I need to spend more?
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8647300

Thanks.

My mrs has ‘grazed’ the front wing of her Mini Countryman on a wooden post. She ‘fessed up and asked me to take a look. Told her it was very superficial and would probably polish out ....... with a polisher. Wasn’t really a hint but she bought me a Tacklife DA polisher. Seems a decent thing though with no experience I’ll grab a car wing on farm scrap heap and practice on that first :eek:

Soldato
Checked the water coming through my Raceglaze tonight and found that it's back up to about the TDS reading is back up to 290ppm. I had noticed a few more water spots appearing recently, but that's pretty much what it is without filtration. Guess a combination of too much washing and the exceptionally hard water in my area have done for it...bought it in May last year, so not quite a full year.

Any advice of where best to buy replacement resin? It's £45 for 7 litres from Raceglaze, but I'm guessing it's a generic resin which might be cheaper elsewhere.

Soldato
Anyone find a product that actually works to remove those white marks on black textured plastic. I've tried a fair few and they might look better for a few days then it fades and the marks are back.

Soldato
The white on plastics is usually dried polish and it's terrible to get off, the best thing I have used and it works is a pencil rubber that you used in school, give it a try.

Soldato
Checked the water coming through my Raceglaze tonight and found that it's back up to about the TDS reading is back up to 290ppm. I had noticed a few more water spots appearing recently, but that's pretty much what it is without filtration. Guess a combination of too much washing and the exceptionally hard water in my area have done for it...bought it in May last year, so not quite a full year.

Any advice of where best to buy replacement resin? It's £45 for 7 litres from Raceglaze, but I'm guessing it's a generic resin which might be cheaper elsewhere.

Can't speak personally, having never used it. But if I search for MB115 resin I can find a lot of 25litre options for £80, so around £3.20 per litre, compared to the £6.40ish from raceglaze? In fact the 25litre option from raceglze is £150.

Soldato
Managed to wash both cars today. Autobrite SPRINTS on the IPACE last wash to just a towel dry was enough for the colour to really pop in the sun. Still a game with water spots so got some magiseal to try in their sale. MINI wants another coat of abyss now as I did it last time in March last year. Does makes washing so much easier when paint is protected.
fgYSvGE.jpg
FXAfcB2.jpg
aMnl2B5.jpg
NYrrMwh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom