• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Supply of Intel i9 11900K, PROBLEM?

Soldato
If you've got pre-order in with OCUK, then your in the best position. OCUK should be prioritized for further stock deliveries, so hang tight. You can also send the team a webnote asking them for more info :)
PMSL, like they were prioritised for nvidia 3000 series, AMD 5000 series and Radeon 6000 series. If anything the new releases have shown OCUK isn’t any further up the queue than anyone else

Associate
Its concerning for the lower tier parts that do offer good value vs Zen3. The 11600k and below are all very good and will be popular and with Intel saying they will be prioritising the top tier skews it might cause a problem.

Agreed, they’re delusional pushing hype onto their “i9”, which is overpriced rubbish, instead of putting that marketing into a segment where they can be competitive.

Associate
I'm more puzzled as to why the Internet is not up in arms over the price. The 5800x got (rightly) slated for its high launch price, however the 11900k is half the price again on top... yet its slower, hotter and less efficient (but comes in a better box to be fair).

Anyone buying this must really love Intel, because it's an irrational choice. Could understand if it was the best or fastest, but it's neither. Very strange launch and even stranger pricing.

Soldato
I'm more puzzled as to why the Internet is not up in arms over the price. The 5800x got (rightly) slated for its high launch price, however the 11900k is half the price again on top... yet its slower, hotter and less efficient (but comes in a better box to be fair).

Anyone buying this must really love Intel, because it's an irrational choice. Could understand if it was the best or fastest, but it's neither. Very strange launch and even stranger pricing.
Honestly don't hear of that many people rushing out to buy it though, most people can see it's a bad choice.

Soldato

I mean, most of what I've seen written about the 11900K has described it as a complete joke that nobody should buy, ever. It was savaged by all the major tech Youtubers. The general consensus seems to be that the only Rocket Lake chips worth considering are the hexa-core parts.

Back
Top Bottom